Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Question -- using caps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/question-using-caps-t81858.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 12-10-2010 07:26 AM

I used to use caps when I was excited (happy) to my kids until they asked me "Mom, why are you yelling?" lol
I agree with Raptureready on this one.

carhop 12-10-2010 07:29 AM

for quilt form i use all small except when i want to say great or wow things like that but when i go to the outside world i have a hard time remembering to use caps where approiate

Up North 12-10-2010 07:32 AM

Every once in a while my caps get turned on accidentally and I will type half a message before I notice it Usually will redo but not always, It doesn't mean I am yelling just a poor typer!

amandasgramma 12-10-2010 07:32 AM

Thank you all!!! I feel better now. Wow that's hard to do the underlines!!!
One of you mentioned she has an attitude.....or needed to sit back before responding. Yes, she does. This company has been the hardest to get help --- someone said this was good customer service. Well, I went on their forum two times in the last few months and asked a question ----- the last time was October 31. I have YET to get an answer to my questions. I've had people PMing me that have been on that forum and there is even more discontent from other people. It's too bad --- because in this day and age, they're losing business. I know my local distributor has discontinued selling their product. Apparently, from the hint I got yesterday, it's for this very reason. :thumbdown:

Rebecca VLQ 12-10-2010 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
The caps and the multiple punctuation marks do make it look like you're angry. That's nice that the company wants to talk with you by phone - good customer service. :)
)

Yup. This.

Riversong 12-10-2010 07:43 AM

I used to be on a game site and people always got their panties in a bunch when you used caps...Some people use them as a way to emhasize,others cant see well,and a whole lot of other reasons. I DO NOT KNOW WHY PEOPLE GET SO UPSET OVER A FEW LETTERS!!!! SHEEESH!!!! Good luck with your correspondance!!! (shaking my head)

amandasgramma 12-10-2010 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Riversong
I used to be on a game site and people always got their panties in a bunch when you used caps...Some people use them as a way to emhasize,others cant see well,and a whole lot of other reasons. I DO NOT KNOW WHY PEOPLE GET SO UPSET OVER A FEW LETTERS!!!! SHEEESH!!!! Good luck with your correspondance!!! (shaking my head)

ROL -- you're right!!!! I agree. :mrgreen:

icon17 12-10-2010 08:06 AM

WHO ME I NEVER YELL!!:)

littlehud 12-10-2010 08:37 AM

I don't use caps on the computer but I hand write all my notes in caps.

QBeth 12-10-2010 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I do it to DRAW ATTENTION TO things I consider important. I only consider it yelling if the tone of the entire email is confrontational, argumentative or abusive. :lol:

Ditto!

Sounds like you've run into a very thin skinned person who is probably on the defensive.