Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilt chat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilt-chat-t129443.html)

maryel 06-10-2011 01:47 PM

Hope to try soon... Thanks for the invite! :-D

butterflies5518 06-10-2011 01:51 PM

oh! Another reason to stay longer on this board - will have to try this soon, I am already addicted - sometimes when I stay for a few it seems I am constantly logging back on to see what's new!

TonnieLoree 06-10-2011 02:07 PM

Well, lets see. I just went there. I asked a question. It took 5 minutes for anyone to acknowlege my presence. The chat conversation was geared around dress codes of the past and the lack of them now. Thank goodness I had a landscaper show up and needed a tour of the property where I live. I'm not saying it was bad, just that it seemed like another huge waste of my time.

sandilee 06-10-2011 02:44 PM

I will have to try it sometime.

isnthatodd 06-10-2011 02:54 PM

The conversations seemed very personal(as in like you would talk to someone about what's going on at your house, or your folks or kids or something) and not really conducive to others jumping in with anything pertinent. So I would rather look at pictures of others' work and comment.

Sue Fish 06-10-2011 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Well, lets see. I just went there. I asked a question. It took 5 minutes for anyone to acknowlege my presence. The chat conversation was geared around dress codes of the past and the lack of them now. Thank goodness I had a landscaper show up and needed a tour of the property where I live. I'm not saying it was bad, just that it seemed like another huge waste of my time.

Oh sorry.. It is often quilt related but also like a quilting bee..friendly chit chat.....nice for a little break..often just interesting to learn about people and other parts of the country...and the world. But like all things....it is not of interest to everyone
Maybe try another time

Stitchnripper 06-10-2011 04:50 PM

I tried it once or twice, but, just couldn't keep up! I felt overwhelmed by all the comments - nothing negative at all, but, it hurt my brain!!!!!

CristyK1 06-10-2011 05:01 PM

I was in the room at the time you came in. And it didn't take five minuts for us to answer. Your questoin was, was the site running slow. We said hello to every person who popped in when we seen them. We didn't see you till you posted the questoin about it being slow.

You were more than welcome to talk about what every you wanted to talk about. It was only me and another person in the room at the time and we talked about what every.

I'm sorry you felt like you weren't seen. But there have been times when I post things and it didn't show up till a while later or not show up at all. so please don't hold the chat rooms quirks against those of us who hang out in the chat room.

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree

the old one 06-11-2011 03:12 AM

My reason for staying out of the chat room--I purely can't spare the time!! So, if I never look, I never know what I am missing!! And I know, there are lots of great things shared. piecefully, the old one

Krystyna 06-11-2011 03:20 AM

I've never gone because ... well, this will sound ridiculous perhaps ...but I thought it might be a little too much of a clique and that I'd be an unwelcome outsider.