Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilt Inspectors do you have one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilt-inspectors-do-you-have-one-t29468.html)

dglvr 11-29-2009 02:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Don't forget about the doggy testers. I have awesome sewing companions.

Tank testing out new great nieces quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57076[/ATTACH]

Tank making sure the batting lays flat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57077[/ATTACH]

mcdaniel023 11-29-2009 03:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Katie. Forgot to attach.
This is her bed. She is about 3 feet from my sewing machine.

renee765 11-29-2009 04:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ophelia. Her sister Phoebe, on the other hand, is unemployed. She has no interest in inspecting.

I do have a theory on this. I believe that animals are extremely in touch with our feelings, and since we put a lot of love into our quilts, our furry friends experience that love whenever they lay on our projects. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

Renee

Ophelia inspects the sandwiching and basting process.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]56997[/ATTACH]

sbeddingfield 11-29-2009 05:19 AM

Your theory sounds correct to me - Blessings, Scherrie

SherriB 11-29-2009 05:39 AM

I am lucky (at times, LOL!!) to have 4 quilt inspectors. My white and grey long haired kitty, Caspurr is my shadow. He is always within a couple feet of where I am. My main inspector is my DD's kitty, Pooh Bear. She loves to get up on the table where I have my machine and inspect my sewiing to make sure I am doing it correctly. My other two just like to cuddle under the quilts.

2 Doods 11-29-2009 06:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dglvr
Don't forget about the doggy testers. I have awesome sewing companions.

Me Too!

Is it good for a nap? Yukon says YES!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57005[/ATTACH]

sandpat 11-29-2009 06:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh gosh....I have 4 that come in the house. I can't seem to do anything by myself..always have some kind of help! Puddin' seems to be the best at it though. Weasel is an apprentice since she is the newcomer. If I lay anything out on the floor....it is immediately covered with cats!

Puddin...she is thinking I need help even with the pattern!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57006[/ATTACH]

Quilting Aggi 11-29-2009 07:04 AM

I had a wonderful little inspector in Missy (Miss Mew) She went to kitty heaven back in early October. She was 16 years old. I miss her terribly as she was the best inspector of all.

Cats are magnets to quilts!!

I do have a new inspector in my dog Alexi. She loves to lie on a quilt that I'm binding! I'll have to find the photo later and post it here of the Winter lap quilt I just completed and donated to work to raise money for Christmas hampers (food boxes) for some of our less fortunate tenants.

kwhite 11-29-2009 07:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well DD has talked me into another quilt inspector. We are going to the SPCA this afternoon to get Bella. We already have Boots aka EVIL who is bad all of the time. Last night he looked me square in the face and knocked stuff off of the table, and he pounced the yorkiepoo sleeping under the blankets in bed. She took off like a flash. I think I heard him laugh. He is wherever I am. If I am here at the computer he is here too. If I am in the sewing room he is in the middle of the cutting table. One day I will get his tail I know it. I hope Bella calms him down some but I think I am in for it. What do you think?

sewjoyce 11-29-2009 08:08 AM

I think he's just adorable!!!!!!