Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilt Inspectors do you have one?

What is it about cats! They love to inspect our quilts. I have a kitten and I have found her sleeping in one of my tubs of material!! She seems to entertain herself in my sewing room.

I think I am going to get another one tomorrow. I am not 100% sure yet.

My cats ferret out the newest fabric and test it by sleeping on it. And If I am sewing on a piece, when I walk away, I come back to a cat right in the middle of what I was working on. Freshly ironed pieces are especially magnetic!

I had the most precious lump of a cat. He never saw a quilt or a project he didn't want to sit or lay on. He died of old age (I guess as he wa about 14years old). That has only been about a month ago. I sure miss him but figure I will get another one someday - maybe after the holidays.
    I sure have enjoyed seeing all the "inspectors" on this site.
    Blessings,
    Scherrie

I have 3 quilt inspectors!! Here is my baby...inspector #1 (she's the only one I have a current pic of.

Her name is Sasha. She was sleeping on my extra batting that I keep under my sewing table when I took the pic.

Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    My chief inspector is named Iris...she is a short haired calico manx, about 8 years old. She would spend 100% of her time in the quilting room if I let her..I have to chase her out all the time. Once she got locked in there and was there till the next day. She hides behind my cutting table base (an old dresser), and I don't see her back there. :D

I have a quilt inspector too but only he's a "dog"! Scooter is always right there especially if I'm laying a quilt out. He thinks he needs to lay right in the middle & watch me. He also has to inspect the batting when I fluff it up before I pin it to my quilt. At least he doesn't complain about all my fabric!!

Izy
    Just look at my Avatar...this is Sasha, as soon as she see's me with quilt in my arms she is on the sofa before me :wink: :D :D

Izy...adorable. Is she a cavalier king spaniel?? I want one like her sooo bad.

I have Pandora, the kitty in my avatar. She's my sewing buddy and keeps me company while I sew. She lounges on a corner of my sewing machine table where she can see out of the window and keep an eye on me at the same time. She's about 6 years old now and the sweetest, dearest kitty.

Don't forget about the doggy testers. I have awesome sewing companions.

Tank testing out new great nieces quilt
    Name:  Attachment-57076.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  39.3 KB

Tank making sure the batting lays flat
    Name:  Attachment-57077.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  29.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Katie. Forgot to attach.
    This is her bed. She is about 3 feet from my sewing machine.

Ophelia. Her sister Phoebe, on the other hand, is unemployed. She has no interest in inspecting.

I do have a theory on this. I believe that animals are extremely in touch with our feelings, and since we put a lot of love into our quilts, our furry friends experience that love whenever they lay on our projects. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

Renee

Ophelia inspects the sandwiching and basting process.
    Name:  Attachment-56997.jpe
Size:  55.8 KB

Your theory sounds correct to me - Blessings, Scherrie

Blog Entries
    I am lucky (at times, LOL!!) to have 4 quilt inspectors. My white and grey long haired kitty, Caspurr is my shadow. He is always within a couple feet of where I am. My main inspector is my DD's kitty, Pooh Bear. She loves to get up on the table where I have my machine and inspect my sewiing to make sure I am doing it correctly. My other two just like to cuddle under the quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    Don't forget about the doggy testers. I have awesome sewing companions.
    Me Too!

Is it good for a nap? Yukon says YES!
    Name:  Attachment-57005.jpe
Views: 43
Size:  56.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Oh gosh....I have 4 that come in the house. I can't seem to do anything by myself..always have some kind of help! Puddin' seems to be the best at it though. Weasel is an apprentice since she is the newcomer. If I lay anything out on the floor....it is immediately covered with cats!

Puddin...she is thinking I need help even with the pattern!
    Name:  Attachment-57006.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  44.4 KB

I had a wonderful little inspector in Missy (Miss Mew) She went to kitty heaven back in early October. She was 16 years old. I miss her terribly as she was the best inspector of all.

Cats are magnets to quilts!!

I do have a new inspector in my dog Alexi. She loves to lie on a quilt that I'm binding! I'll have to find the photo later and post it here of the Winter lap quilt I just completed and donated to work to raise money for Christmas hampers (food boxes) for some of our less fortunate tenants.

Well DD has talked me into another quilt inspector. We are going to the SPCA this afternoon to get Bella. We already have Boots aka EVIL who is bad all of the time. Last night he looked me square in the face and knocked stuff off of the table, and he pounced the yorkiepoo sleeping under the blankets in bed. She took off like a flash. I think I heard him laugh. He is wherever I am. If I am here at the computer he is here too. If I am in the sewing room he is in the middle of the cutting table. One day I will get his tail I know it. I hope Bella calms him down some but I think I am in for it. What do you think?

I think he's just adorable!!!!!!

My inspector number 4 is all grown up now. He was a baby in my first avitar now here he is all grown up. He drags my flannel yardage all over the house and on my bed. All four of my inspectors love the sewing room, right now one is rubbing and purring on me to stop me from the computer.
    We need our pets so much to keep us grounded and in touch with nature.

I have a small kitten rescue. I tend to have at least 6 and up to 14 kittens at a time zooming all over my house. I have one right now who is the BEST helper with sewing.. oh that fabric coming through the machine he sits in the back and helps pull it through.. he pounces on the fabric I am cutting (grrr) and oh if there happens to be a piece I can toss on the floor to him he is in kitty heaven. And heaven forbid I leave a piece I am working on on the ironing board overnight. The whole house and where does EVERYONE have to sleep? Good thing I wash my gifts before I gift them! Not everyone is as excited as I am with cat hair.

My DD's cat used to pull the pins out of anything she had pinned. She really worried that it would get hurt. Her cat was always curled up right beside her while she sewed.

I have 2 kitty quilt inspectors too. Norman & Kiki. Yes you gotta love them! They are always right there whenever you are trying to work on something.
    My mom has a dog inspector named Molly. She will even pick up a spool of thread if my mom drops it, very carefully and does not slobber on it.

Molly
    Name:  Attachment-57015.jpe
Size:  27.4 KB

Kiki being very naughty
    Name:  Attachment-57016.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  17.7 KB

Norman
    Name:  Attachment-57017.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  16.1 KB

Blog Entries
    My son's kitty is my quilting inspector. I have to make sure my quilt frame is covered, otherwise she thinks it's her own personal hammock!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast