Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilt Police Sting Operation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilt-police-sting-operation-t155362.html)

bearisgray 09-24-2011 01:36 PM

Things I am unclear on:

1) Were there other students in the class?

2) If so, what did they bring?

3) Apparently you brought some things - why did you bring those items if there was no list?

4) Why were you late?

5) Were there were other students in the class and were they prepared and on time?

6) Was the teacher there for the contracted/expected three hours?

And the question that I really want answered:

Was your post "for real"???????????????

Sadiemae 09-24-2011 02:31 PM

Great questions Bearisgray! This is very confusing...

cathylynn 09-24-2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by BigDog

Originally Posted by lynn_z
didn't think it would matter if I showed up a little late

There's where you lost me. It always matters when people show up late. The class was being held on a timetable and there were others involved.

Maybe I'm missing the point.

Totally agree. I really dislike when people show up late for class. It is disruptive and takes away from my learning time when the instructor has to stop and let the late attendee catch up. Very rude.

lfletcher 09-24-2011 02:45 PM

Showing up late and unprepared is not fair to the teacher or the other students taking the class. I couldn't quite understand your post. I thought maybe you were making fun of yourself rather than complaining about the teacher.

Mitch's mom 09-24-2011 05:12 PM

Aside from what everyone else has already said, I have to ask, why do you keep rusty pins? I would worry about the rust getting on my fabrics and I would be afraid of getting lock jaw if I ran one of them into my finger. Maybe I worry too much.

Sadiemae 09-24-2011 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
Aside from what everyone else has already said, I have to ask, why do you keep rusty pins? I would worry about the rust getting on my fabrics and I would be afraid of getting lock jaw if I ran one of them into my finger. Maybe I worry too much.

I don't think you worry too much! I would throw them out also. I was really glad when I put a needle all of the through my finger that it was a brand new needle. Healed quickly and no infection...

bearisgray 09-25-2011 07:16 AM

It seems reasonable to me to expect the "students" to do their part also in having a successful learning experience.

valleyquiltermo 09-25-2011 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by connie_1936
you should have been given a supply list when you signed up for the class. the fault is the instructers not yours.

Ditto

bearisgray 09-25-2011 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo

Originally Posted by connie_1936
you should have been given a supply list when you signed up for the class. the fault is the instructers not yours.

Ditto

She wrote that she brought "some" things - why would she have brought ANYTHING to the class then if she did not have a list???

amazon 09-25-2011 07:43 AM

Peanut Butter !