Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilt Tattoos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilt-tattoos-t58845.html)

henryparrish76 08-15-2010 10:50 AM

I have thought about getting a friendship star block on my back. I have 3 other tats... my zodiac sign on my left arm, Egyptian ankh on my right arm and a dragon on my back.

sewnsewer2 08-15-2010 11:05 AM

No tatoos for me, I'm scared of needles! I prick myself enough sewing, wouldn't want to do it on purpose. :lol: :lol:

dljennings 08-17-2010 05:36 PM

years ago we had a neighbor who had been stationed on the uss arizona. he was on shore leave on 12/7/41. after the war, he had a full side view of the ship tatooed across his chest. shortly after we met him (he was in his late 60s) he needed open heart surgery. he refused to have it unless there was a plastic surgeon in the operating room, because he refused to have the surgery he needed unless his ship would be put back "to rights"

they got him a plastic surgeon. he lived another 15 yrs.. and the ship was right.

knlsmith 08-17-2010 06:33 PM

Dljennings : what a great story!!

3TreeFrog 08-18-2010 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by dljennings
he refused to have it unless there was a plastic surgeon in the operating room, because he refused to have the surgery he needed unless his ship would be put back "to rights"

they got him a plastic surgeon. he lived another 15 yrs.. and the ship was right.

Well, as quilters we can save a photo piece of fabric, so I don't think that it is too unrealistic that a plastic surgeon not be able to do the same. Skin is much more stretchy than 100% cotton!

AlienQuilter 08-20-2010 04:31 AM

I'd get one, but I'm afraid of getting bored with it and wanting to change it every couple of years!

I don't see tattoos being any different than piercing the ears for earrings. Although, I don't recommend getting the tongue pierced! Just ask your dentist for some horror stories!

Just had a thought. Tattoos are a way a "guy" can wear "bling" without being feminine!

Linda1 08-20-2010 05:09 AM

Marge I'm with you. I am 64 now and I wonder what tattoos would look like at my age if I had gotten them when my skin was firm. LOL

redkimba 08-20-2010 05:44 AM

for right now, henna is the closest I will get to a tattoo.

I have thought about going to a salon for that. I have one of those Middle-Eastern/Muslim salons who will do that.

knlsmith 08-21-2010 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by redkimba
for right now, henna is the closest I will get to a tattoo.

I have thought about going to a salon for that. I have one of those Middle-Eastern/Muslim salons who will do that.

Henna is a great way to go if you aren't sure about the permanance of a regular tattoo.

redkimba 08-21-2010 05:01 AM

Henna is a great way to go if you aren't sure about the permanance of a regular tattoo.[/quote]

and it's an easy to muck with my Dad. (yes, I am entering my second adolescence)