Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 81

Thread: Quilt Tattoos

  1. #1
    Super Member knlsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West central Illinois
    Posts
    2,972
    Not sure if this is the right section to post, but here goes....

    Hi, I am thinking about getting another tatto. I have several. Some big, some small, but all mean something to me.

    I was wondering if anyone here has any they would like to share? AND does anyone have any ideas for me to get one? i have too many I would like and can't make up my mind. Some outside opinions would really be great/

  2. #2
    Super Member katsewnsew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    2,373
    "Born To Quilt" Just like the quilt magazine ad a couple years back. That is soooo cool!

  3. #3
    Super Member knlsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West central Illinois
    Posts
    2,972
    Quote Originally Posted by katsewnsew
    "Born To Quilt" Just like the quilt magazine ad a couple years back. That is soooo cool!
    That's a good one. hmmmm. I can't wait to hear more...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Senior Member tortoisethreads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    378
    Here are a few of mine. Yep, those are presser feet for my machine. I have several other tattoo's but those are my "sewing" ones. I had a few other ideas involving other gadgets, but tats are so expensive. My artist did have a hilarious idea of tattooing a thimble on a finger! We decided it might start to look like gangrene over the years :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images


  5. #5
    Super Member knlsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West central Illinois
    Posts
    2,972
    LOVE the feet!

  6. #6
    Super Member katsewnsew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    2,373
    I sure like the idea of the thimble on the finger!!!

  7. #7
    Super Member finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    in hiding
    Posts
    1,362
    My son is a tattoo artist,but he ain't getting no where near me with those needles!!

  8. #8
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    15,937
    Blog Entries
    2
    Hubby would kill over if I came home with a tat. If it weren't for that I would have a quilty one.

  9. #9
    Super Member justwannaquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Union, Missouri
    Posts
    1,576
    Have you ever checked out the "craty tattoos" on craftster.org? If not, do. They have some AWESOME craft tattoos.

  10. #10
    Super Member Yarn or Fabric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,393
    You should check Craftster - there is a thread somewhere about craft tattoos. You will see a lot of really great ones there.

  11. #11
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,661
    Blog Entries
    2
    I use to want a tattoo when I was younger but thank goodness there wasn't a tattoo shop anywhere within hundreds of miles from me. When I moved to CA I walked in a shop and picked out my design. In came a lady, maybe in her 60's. I thought that was old then. She had tattoos and after seeing how her's looked at that age I walked out. DD got a small one and had it done with the new inks. She decided to have it removed a couple years after getting it. The easier to remove inks are wonderful!

  12. #12
    Super Member azdesertrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    tucson Az
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by knlsmith
    Not sure if this is the right section to post, but here goes....

    Hi, I am thinking about getting another tatto. I have several. Some big, some small, but all mean something to me.

    I was wondering if anyone here has any they would like to share? AND does anyone have any ideas for me to get one? i have too many I would like and can't make up my mind. Some outside opinions would really be great/
    google sewing tattoos and quilt tattoos,there are some cool ones out there,Im going to get one eventually of an old singer style sewing machine

  13. #13
    Super Member redkimba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    1,725
    Whatever you choose, please post a picture. I would love to see it. I would get one, but my dad would hurt me severely..

  14. #14
    Power Poster lynnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    38,114
    Blog Entries
    1
    what a great idea, ihave a small hart on left chest with sons name it. i did a trade with the tatoo guy, i embroidered a back front pocket and rt sleeve in exchange, soooo. maybe someone can do a barter swap for the tat if tooo expensive

  15. #15
    Super Member LAQUITA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    DFW / Texas
    Posts
    1,164
    I am waiting to get my 2 tatoos as my 'reward' for loosing 75 pounds.
    I want one on each of my ankles. A red rose for our oldest daughter and a colored striped zebra for our youngest daughter who is sick with 2 rare diseases and a zebra is the mascot for rare diseases.

    Hopefully by the spring!

  16. #16
    Super Member katsewnsew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    2,373
    Talking about tattoos, just this past weekend my friend showed me her tat that she got years ago, it was Tweety, and it was just below her hip to the front a bit. Well, sad to say, Tweety's head is on crooked now! Laughed my kubitzer off!!! She got it at about 30 yrs old, she is now 62.

  17. #17
    Super Member Joanie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    American Canyon, CA
    Posts
    1,135
    Blog Entries
    3
    My son has a pair of left handed scissors and a needle and thread on his forearm. He does not sew by machine but mends all his jeans with dental floss so he also has a pkg of floss. Go figure.

  18. #18
    Super Member knlsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West central Illinois
    Posts
    2,972
    Quote Originally Posted by LAQUITA
    I am waiting to get my 2 tatoos as my 'reward' for loosing 75 pounds.
    I want one on each of my ankles. A red rose for our oldest daughter and a colored striped zebra for our youngest daughter who is sick with 2 rare diseases and a zebra is the mascot for rare diseases.

    Hopefully by the spring!
    WHEN (not if) you get them, be sure to use sunscreen on them even if you don't use it anywhere else. I have a sunflower on the top of my left shoulder that I have to get re-colored every few years.

  19. #19
    Super Member knlsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West central Illinois
    Posts
    2,972
    Quote Originally Posted by katsewnsew
    Talking about tattoos, just this past weekend my friend showed me her tat that she got years ago, it was Tweety, and it was just below her hip to the front a bit. Well, sad to say, Tweety's head is on crooked now! Laughed my kubitzer off!!! She got it at about 30 yrs old, she is now 62.
    I have a playboy bunny on my front left hip. I was 18. When I had my daughter at 20 the ears grew from 1 1/2 inch to over 3 inches long! LOL Needless to say, it has "texture" now. ROFL

  20. #20
    Super Member katsewnsew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    2,373
    Quote Originally Posted by knlsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by katsewnsew
    Talking about tattoos, just this past weekend my friend showed me her tat that she got years ago, it was Tweety, and it was just below her hip to the front a bit. Well, sad to say, Tweety's head is on crooked now! Laughed my kubitzer off!!! She got it at about 30 yrs old, she is now 62.
    I have a playboy bunny on my front left hip. I was 18. When I had my daughter at 20 the ears grew from 1 1/2 inch to over 3 inches long! LOL Needless to say, it has "texture" now. ROFL
    I can't stop laughing at this one!!!! TEXTURE!!!

  21. #21
    angieh1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dennison Ohio
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by knlsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by katsewnsew
    Talking about tattoos, just this past weekend my friend showed me her tat that she got years ago, it was Tweety, and it was just below her hip to the front a bit. Well, sad to say, Tweety's head is on crooked now! Laughed my kubitzer off!!! She got it at about 30 yrs old, she is now 62.
    I have a playboy bunny on my front left hip. I was 18. When I had my daughter at 20 the ears grew from 1 1/2 inch to over 3 inches long! LOL Needless to say, it has "texture" now. ROFL
    roflmao i try to remember these things when i think about my future tatoos a friends daughter wanted a ring of dolphins around her belly button when when she was 16 when i told her those dolphins would turn into killer whales if she ever gained weight or got pregnant she poopooed me but she never did get it so last year when she was pg i reminded her of this and she said she was glad that was one time she did listen to me lol

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    242
    I have two tattos. one is of a parrot and the other is a celtic design which would look amazing on a quilt!! I cannot wait to see what you get maybe you will start a trend and we can all follow!!!

  23. #23
    Senior Member sewred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Happily buried in a heap of fabric in Indiana!
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by knlsmith
    Not sure if this is the right section to post, but here goes....

    Hi, I am thinking about getting another tatto. I have several. Some big, some small, but all mean something to me.

    I was wondering if anyone here has any they would like to share? AND does anyone have any ideas for me to get one? i have too many I would like and can't make up my mind. Some outside opinions would really be great/
    You could find your favorite block design and have it drwn and colored in! That way it would be special.

  24. #24
    Senior Member 3TreeFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Prince Edward Island, CANADA
    Posts
    608
    I have four tats, and my husband and I want to get matching tattoos in honor of our first 20 years of marriage!

    In light of you presser feet how about you sewing machine? A needle with thread? A quilting ruler, or a set of rulers?

    Hope that this helps!
    TreeFrog

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,657
    I LOVE all the presser feet. I want to get another tat, and would love to incorporate quilting into it somehow.....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.