Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilters as Football Fans??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilters-football-fans-t300372.html)

copycat 10-22-2018 02:48 AM

We watched the Carolina Panther game yesterday....they did all their scoring in the 4th quarter and won the game. Someone called them the cardiac kids. My husband is a huge football fan, so I join him with handwork..mostly knitting.

bneuen 10-22-2018 03:48 AM

Love the Steelers and buckeyes. We love football and college basketball, too. Always sad in some ways when super bowl is done because that ends the season. March madness is fun too.

mlt150 10-22-2018 04:52 AM

Watch the Chicago bears because Sunday is not a big sewing day for me. Church, lunch then football the rest of the day and evening. Hubby is big sports fan.

SusieQOH 10-22-2018 06:02 AM

A couple of people mentioned having the games on for the noise. I swear every Spring our cats know it's baseball season by the sounds of the house! haha
My husband loves the Bulldogs as he went there to grad school. He hates the Buckeyes (don't tell my neighbors hee hee)

stichinluvr 10-22-2018 06:30 AM

I keep track of the KC Chiefs

DJ 10-22-2018 06:41 AM

I was a majorette in high school so attended all the football games to perform. My parents were football fans, and my brother played football. Yes, it all got passed down to me. DH went to the University of Washington, and we live in the Pacific Northwest, so we root for the Huskies on Saturdays and the Seahawks on Sundays (or Monday or Thursday). We also watch Washington State games when we can. If we can't watch the game live, we record it to watch later and try not to see/hear what the score was.

I usually have a craft in my lap during the games: cross stitch, knitting, quilt binding …

We also like to watch the tennis opens. We are fair-weather baseball fans. Don't pay too much attention unless the Mariners are doing quite well … into the playoffs.

Pam S 10-22-2018 07:25 AM

We had season tickets to the Bengals for 15 years until DH finally gave up on them last season. Nope, don't miss it at all. I'd rather stay home and quilt.

Tudey 10-22-2018 08:39 AM

I have been a Philadelphia Eagles fan for 50 years!

craftymatt2 10-22-2018 08:42 AM

Yep, big Chicago Bears fan, love r football, we have a 8yr grandson who plays football, so his games are so much fun to go and see, he went with another son of mine yesterday to see the game between the bears and the patriots, yep we lost to tom, but it was a great game

gramma nancy 10-22-2018 08:43 AM

We watch the Redskins, Ravens, NY Giants and sometimes (Super Bowl, anyone?) the Eagles, but we are usually in a bar on Sunday afternoon, not sewing. Love my Buckeyes, too.

No interest in basketball, baseball (boring!!) or NASCAR.