Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilter's pain (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilters-pain-t56830.html)

C.Cal Quilt Girl 07-30-2010 10:34 PM

Make sure to check local swap meets, and some of the not so larger ones, once found lots of stolen items from a retail store at one.... pitiful sad, w/no consience. just tidied up today and found 5 tape measures ??? know have extra fabs.
PM me to where to send it. Best of luck to your friend, and shes a luck lady to have a friend like you !! :)

Tweety2911 07-31-2010 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by mygirl66
I would like to help you put something together for her, to replace what was taken, even if it is just a little something. Please PM me your addy, and I will ship something out for you to give her. COME ON GUYS, WHOS WITH ME?

So sorry to hear about her misfortune. What a horrifying experience. Prayers to your friend. Count me in to send something, PM me of where to mail it.

litacats 07-31-2010 03:42 AM

I had my engagement ring stolen we were living in a caravan at the time, at first I thought the kids had played with it and lost it but years later, our neighbours wife told me he had stolen it for beer money, that was 35 years ago and hubby has only just bought me a new ring.
it is devastating knowing someone has been thru your things I feel for her

Annz 07-31-2010 07:10 AM

That is so sad. I hope she had pictures, insurance and a good eye to see if her stuff would be sold either locally, on ebay or craigs list.

irenecarter 07-31-2010 11:50 AM

I to have a story. Ten years ago I graciously allowed someone to stay a couple of weeks in my home because she had no place to live so she said. After she left my grandmothers crazy quilt that she had hand pieced out of silk material and my mother had hand embroidered and placed names and dates of each of my grand mothers children and birthdays, and I had had it quilted, turned up missing. I was, and am devastated. It can't be replace. I had intended to hand it down to my oldest son. It's now lost to us forever.

zz-pd 07-31-2010 07:53 PM

I am so sorry, hopefully the insurance will pay for all her Items. God bless.

CarrieAnne 07-31-2010 07:56 PM

Gosh, that is so awful. Not something I would think people would steal, but I guess they take anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

quilt addict 08-03-2010 07:06 PM

Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and ideas. I am sorry but staying at my Mom's so have little access to computer.

When I get home this weekend, I hope to be able to put a basket together with all the generous offers you have made and sent. I apologize if I missed someone but have tried to PM everyone that requested.

I know she will appreciate the thoughts from around the quilting community.

Bev 08-12-2010 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Quilting supplies and sewing machines? Seems to be odd things to take. Very good idea about watching Craig's list and even Ebay. Hope she finds her quilts all safe.

quilt addict 08-15-2010 05:33 PM

Wanted to give you all an update. I wanted to thank those that sent things for her. I made a big gift basket with those items and some from her local quilting friends. One even donated a machine that she was given. So it is truely and paying it forward event.

Susan from MI, thank you for the knitting needles. Helen from NY, I went to Joanns with 40% off and got some nice scissors.

This board and all of you are so great.