Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilting Board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilting-board-t184136.html)

Sweeterthanwine 03-27-2012 08:55 AM

Quilting Board

After being frustrated with the look of the new board, I decided to stop using it for a while. After about 2 months, I went back to the board and it was just like seeing it for the first time. I understand all the ins and outs of navagating the board and now enjoy looking around again and participating again. Maybe if you get away from it for a while, it will be easier for you to get it. I love this board again and look at items everyday and get so much useful information from others. Thank You Quilting Board for making this site available.

jcrow 03-27-2012 09:36 AM

I love this site. I have problems with different things, but I love the people on this site. I love the information and the sales and the pictures, etc. I just wish that after I read a thread, when I push the back button, it would take me back down the page to the thread I just read instead of bringing me back to the top of the main page (or whatever page I'm on) and having to move back down and find the next topic.

DebraK 03-27-2012 09:54 AM

welcome back.

TShooters 03-27-2012 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 5094471)
I love this site. I have problems with different things, but I love the people on this site. I love the information and the sales and the pictures, etc. I just wish that after I read a thread, when I push the back button, it would take me back down the page to the thread I just read instead of bringing me back to the top of the main page (or whatever page I'm on) and having to move back down and find the next topic.

jcrow,

If your browser has tabbed browsing, you can view the thead that way instead of having to go "back". Just right click on the title of the post, a dialog box should come up, and "open link in new tab". I view/read posts this way, either in
"full version" of the QB, or in the archive. Usually have numerous tabs of threads open at the top of the browser, with the section of the board in the very left (first one I opened). Once each is read, I can close them using the x on the right of it's tab.

Hope this helps!

One thing I really like about the new board... if I'm reading and not logged in and want to make a reply to a post, I can log in at the top and stay on that post. Before, I'd have to go to the main page to log in, then try to find the thread I wanted to post a reply in. Very frustrating and usually took a while to find.

alikat110 03-27-2012 05:49 PM

Agreed. I decreased usage greatly initially. Back full force now and enjoy it!!!! I NEED the board for my sanity

fred singer 03-27-2012 05:58 PM

i enjoy meeting and corresponing with different members that i have meet on thr quilt board,there alot of knowledge about alot of things not quilting.people are alwas willing to share their knowledge.

Lori S 03-27-2012 06:14 PM

I am glad you gave us another go at it. Its good to have you back where you belong!

luvTooQuilt 03-27-2012 06:20 PM

I love the Qb- my biggest headache is keeping my PMs under 500- with hosting swaps its nearly impossible..

BUT I LOVE IT HERE !!!!!

Murphy1 03-27-2012 07:33 PM

I still come everyday, but find that I prefer to access postings by going to the archive at the bottom of the page. It is very easy form me to see all posts and know where I left off.

BETTY62 03-27-2012 07:41 PM

Welcome back!!!