Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilts are not all I make (bras) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilts-not-all-i-make-bras-t126554.html)

mummadee 05-30-2011 03:31 AM

Wow! I'm impressed. Your talent is awesome.

Olivia's Grammy 05-30-2011 03:38 AM

I started many, many years ago making my panties. At the time there was a local store I could go to for tricot and the elastics. I still make my half slips. Mary Jo's in NC carries tricot and elastic, but I like buying everything in one package from Needle Nook Fabrics. Anne states in her book that she want each person to support their local stores before buying from her. The problem in very few store carry the supplies needed for bras.

Mickie612 05-30-2011 04:55 AM

Those are great, I tried to make one but ended up with two left cups

Psychomomquilter 05-30-2011 05:14 AM

Now thats a good thing! do you make your patterns from old bras? how do you start? do you make other undergarments? would like to try my hand at it as well.

damaquilts 05-30-2011 06:14 AM

I sure saved that site. I am going to look into getting patterns. I am so tired of not having something comfortable and pretty to wear. I use to work in a shop that made bathing suits and made clothes forever before starting on quilts so I think I will be able to figure things out. If I ever get to Kansas again I will be sure to stop into the shop.

a1crafter 05-30-2011 07:48 AM

Have you considered posting a tutorial? It would certainly be a benefit to many women.

Olivia's Grammy 05-30-2011 07:56 AM

No, it would take to long and it wouldn't be fair to the owner of the patterns.

grandma sue 05-30-2011 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
Yes, I do have a pattern. I buy all my supplies from [email protected] 316-684-5989
Anne came to my area through ASG to teach the class. She has been here several times. Check with her to see if she is available to do a class in your area. It is so worth the money you invest in the class. The pattern she drafts will be your pattern designed to fit your body.
No, I would not even consider a tute as it would be very long and not fair to Anne.

I used to live in Wichita and worked for the extension service and taught sewing. We spent lots of time and money in Needlenook as we taught t-shirts and lingerie classes. I love her and her shop. I've been wanting to take her bra class and now that I live in Tulsa, I might just have to go up there and take it. Thanks for showing the bras. I'm hard to fit (very large) so this would be perfect!

Margie 05-30-2011 08:08 AM

Beatiful..I cannot imagine making them. I dont think I have the skill to do it. KUDOS to you

grammyj 05-30-2011 08:12 AM

Where do you buy the pre package kits? I can never find a bra that fits right. I would like to try to make one if you don't mind sharing the information.You did a really good job on yours.
Oh I see now that you already posted the information, Thank you .