Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quit the Quilt Viva advertising (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quit-quilt-viva-advertising-t52860.html)

Ninnie 07-05-2010 02:24 AM

I have seen the commercial several times, and it always makes me laugh. I am sure, when I have been in the zone, and refused to go or do anything until I get a quilt done, my family has probably thought I needed an intervention also. :lol: :lol: There are bigger things for me to worry about, so it doesn't really bother me.

mom-6 07-05-2010 05:57 AM

Don't watch TV so have not seen it...

reach for the stars 2 07-05-2010 05:59 AM

I didn't like their commercial either.

CarrieAnne 07-05-2010 06:08 AM

LOL, I havent seen it either.I will have to watch for it!

lucylockett 07-05-2010 06:10 AM

Rural Girl, This has nothing to do with toilet paper. DebraK was thinking of a different commercial. The ad that I'm referring to is VIVA paper towels (not tissue).

Thanks to all of you who let VIVA know your thoughts on their line of advertisement. It puts a very negative spin on something we love and would like to entice the next generation to love also! Quit the quilt. Indeed!!! For shame. That's some logo. VIVA probably hasn't a clue-and won't unless we tell them.

fabric-holic 07-05-2010 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
...Almost as bad as when the Quilted Northern came out with the cartoon quilters who used knitting needles. At least that was funny in a sad way.

I remember that. I noticed it the very first time I saw it (I usually don't watch commercials). I couldn't believe it took as long as it did to fix it.

Rural City Girl 07-05-2010 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by lucylockett
Rural Girl, This has nothing to do with toilet paper. DebraK was thinking of a different commercial. The ad that I'm referring to is VIVA paper towels (not tissue).

Thanks to all of you who let VIVA know your thoughts on their line of advertisement. It puts a very negative spin on something we love and would like to entice the next generation to love also! Quit the quilt. Indeed!!! For shame. That's some logo. VIVA probably hasn't a clue-and won't unless we tell them.

Shame on me for not taking this so seriously. It doesn't make any difference whether it is toilet paper or paper towels. My comment was based on people thinking that this commercial will impact on the quilting business. I think we should give people more credit that they can see this as a silly commercial, and not a negative statement on people who quilt. I say, don't sweat the small stuff. There is plenty of big stuff to sweat!

sharon b 07-06-2010 10:49 AM

I heard back from them :lol: Here it is :

Dear Sharon,

Thanks for your e-mail to Kimberly-Clark about VIVAŽ towels. We are sorry that you were displeased with our advertisement.

Comments, such as yours, help us to better understand how people feel about our advertising, and your opinion is important to us. Please be assured that we will share your remarks with those involved in our advertising programs and will take them into consideration when developing future advertisements.

We value you as our customer and appreciate your interest in our products.

Ivy
Consumer Services
Kimberly-Clark Corp.

isnthatodd 07-06-2010 01:06 PM

I got the same response.

raptureready 07-07-2010 01:41 PM

I just saw the commercial for the first time and didn't associate it at all with the quilting that we do. I'm going to continue to use my Bounty Select-A-Size because that's what I prefer. They are talking about paper towels--not fabric. I don't see the connection. But then again, I'm one of those people that thinks there are only a certain number of things that should be called quilts: doll quilts, baby quilts, crib quilts, couch throws, twin, full, queen and king. If it hangs on a wall it's not a quilt but rather quilted art. But there again, it's just my opinion and shouldn't matter to anyone else so please don't anyone get offended.