Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RAIN (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rain-t159107.html)

redkimba 10-09-2011 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by tedytrser

Originally Posted by redkimba
Isn't it awesome? I wanna go dance in it, but I think I shall spare the neighbors the trauma of my "spazzy white girl" dance. >.<

Well, I don't know how much dancing you would be doing....because that is some COLD rain LOL

It wouldn't be for long, but I have lots of towels & spare clothes. Besides, it would give me an excuse to have some hot chocolate. :)

QuiltswithConvicts 10-10-2011 04:08 AM

It is RAINING in Texas Thank God!!!! At least in my parts. My puppies that have never seen rain looked at me like you want me to do what when I took them out to do there duties this morning! LOL Everyone have a great day

Yup! you guys got rain & we - over here in the West Texas Annex - watched it on the radar of WeatherBug. Came up from the south & dumped on you guys - not a drop for us as usual. I was almost starting to feel sorry for Abilene, but then I came to my senses & thought - what the hey - they need it as much as we do!

JeannieBobbin 10-10-2011 04:43 AM

Praise God from whom all blessing flow~!

cr12cats 10-10-2011 04:59 AM

hooray, my kids live in tx and are so happy to see it rain. we have had rain saturday through sunday night here. thank goodness

MaryAnnMc 10-10-2011 05:13 AM

hallelujah! I keep praying one of these tropical depressions will go sit on y'all and rain for a week.

Edie 10-10-2011 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan

It is RAINING in Texas Thank God!!!! At least in my parts. My puppies that have never seen rain looked at me like you want me to do what when I took them out to do there duties this morning! LOL Everyone have a great day

here in the twin cities minnesota, we have had virtually no rain since before september. and the temps are still in the 80s. [sigh]

We had 1/4" the whole month of September. You do know that means feet and feet of snow this winter. I have started building up the pecs for snow shoveling!!!!!!! But then I remember a day in January when it was +73! Edie

Abby'smom 10-10-2011 05:59 AM

yes, Sunday was a wonderful rainy day as it rained lightly here all day -- it was fun to watch

AprilG 10-10-2011 06:02 AM

Lots of rain here too. (Haslet,TX) My Chihuahuas wouldn't even go outside. They just looked at the wet sidewalk and the stuff falling and turned around. I had to put them on leashes and hold an umbrella over them! I got wet, but the little darlings stayed dry.

The rain was wonderful and very welcome. Cooler temps too!

AprilG 10-10-2011 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by JeannieBobbin
Praise God from whom all blessing flow~!

And rain flows! Amen

adyldrop 10-10-2011 06:07 AM

i was sad the Rangers game was cancelled ( GO TEXAS!!!!!!!!!! WHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!) but Texas NEEDS the rain so badly....glad it didn't interfere with their win og game 1 and they were smart to cancel the game last night....Yay for rain in Texas!!!