Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Rating quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rating-quilts-t46655.html)

quiltilicious 05-21-2010 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
The only rating system I have is this:

1. Ok...I can do that.
2. Ok...I can maybe do that.
3. Oh Cripes! THAT'S outta my league!
4. ~Whimper~ I'll NEVER be THAT good!

;)

hah! I have the same rating system, except for #3 I add... "I want to be able to do that"

and for #4 I add "I don't think I'll live long enough to do that!

I am volunteering at the state guild show next year to be a "quilt wrangler" (I know that's not the real term for it) - it's the person who handles the quilts for the judges before the show - I've heard from ladies that have done that in the past, that you learn an enormous amount of information about what judges are looking for in show quilts.

katei 05-21-2010 02:48 PM

I don't rate - but I do look on longingly ..... maybe some day!

erstan947 05-21-2010 02:49 PM

I Bookmark so many quilts that I need bookmarks for the bookmarks......

IrishNY 05-21-2010 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947
I Bookmark so many quilts that I need bookmarks for the bookmarks......

Me too!

sharon b 05-21-2010 03:13 PM

Nope I just look and enjoy them all :thumbup:

Olivia's Grammy 05-21-2010 03:21 PM

I don't rate the quilts, but I silently wonder why they chose to do things the way the do.

dakotamaid 05-21-2010 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
The only rating system I have is this:

1. Ok...I can do that.
2. Ok...I can maybe do that.
3. Oh Cripes! THAT'S outta my league!
4. ~Whimper~ I'll NEVER be THAT good!

;)

I'm going to adopt this to a saying in my sewing room!!LOL!!

ann clare 05-21-2010 03:34 PM

I do not rate quilts. I love other peoples quilts. Thankfully we all work to our own ability. Every day I get tips and new ideas here on the forum.

Pam 05-21-2010 03:38 PM

I like them all, from the tattered old antiques, to the Baltimore album and the art stuff. I like the riot of color, the passion to make something beautiful with your hands.

Do I like some more than others? Sure, that is life! Big deal! Will I ever make one that will win in Paducah? No, but I just might try and enter!

IrishNY 05-21-2010 03:47 PM

When I was young, I fell in love with the poem desiderata - by max ehrmann, especially the lines below.

"If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself."

I realized to compare would always mean feeling small or smug, because I would never be exactly equal. And I don't want to feel either so I work really hard at just staying in my own lane and not worrying about how fast or slow others are going. It has enriched my life.

P.S. Just so I don't sound too sanctimonious, the place I have real trouble with this rule is weight and how I look. Still working on that...