Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ray (Our adopted kitty) goes missing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ray-our-adopted-kitty-goes-missing-t135162.html)

gerswin 07-05-2011 02:08 PM

i hope you get him back and he's ok.

quiltingnana1 07-05-2011 04:59 PM

Hope he has come back by now.

Iamquilter 07-05-2011 05:19 PM

He looks like a cat we once had. Have you tried shaking a dish with his food in it, that would bring our cat back when we left him run at the lake. He always returned when he heard that noise.

greenini 07-05-2011 05:52 PM

Update: 11 am found us at the local aspca shelter, even tho i'd emailed them with the picture, we figured a personal visit wouldn't hurt, had to return in the afternoon, when they opened. The lady that pulls the lost info off the website was off today so she will do that and then they will have his picture.

We discussed that we will be able to remain in fairly close proximity till the 16th good news: bad news is that they said they normally don't ship pets home, but it is a no kill shelter and Geo said he'd drive the car back up if he has to.

We will be good here tonite and tomorrow nite and I suspect till we are supposed to leave for our friends in NH on the 7th.
Thanks to all your advice, I did just what you suggested, shaking food bowl, calling quietly, and we've left his litter box outside can't get more personal then that!
Gotta post this before I lose the connection again...thanks for the good wishes and support.

BarbaraSue 07-05-2011 07:57 PM

He looks like my Nougat. I hope he comes back home to you.

RobertaMarie 07-05-2011 08:53 PM

I am asking the angels to guide him back to you. I would be devastated! Our Bazil went missing for a week one time and my neighbor found him several blocks from home roaming and confused. We think he had been locked in a garage somewhere. Thank goodness she was able to catch him and bring him home. Strange how they invade your heart, isn't it? Good luck and God bless. :)

nancia 07-06-2011 01:16 AM

i'm praying for his safe return! there are other rescue groups in the area i'm sure, so put up ads in grocery stores--ads with pictures are the best! and in the local papers. also. you've most likely done this, the common areas of the cg, including the bathrooms and shower areas! good luck! those of us with orange cats know what a special guy you have there! tiger is hoping ray makes it back to you very soon!

purrfectquilts 07-06-2011 01:51 AM

I am very, very sorry to hear you lost your kitty. Saying some prayers for you. Let us know how it goes.

Qwiltylady 07-06-2011 03:11 AM

Don't give up my ginger came up missing during a yard sale and it took us 8 weeks to finally find him. But because he was chipped we got him back. Will pray you do the same!

Farm Quilter 07-06-2011 05:37 AM

Praying for a safe, quick return of your beloved Ray!