Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ready for the storm??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ready-storm-t95629.html)

isnthatodd 01-31-2011 05:43 PM

Even here in Texas we are expecting wind chills below zero!!!!

trupeach1 01-31-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by quilt1950
I'm in Cincinnati. Usually Cincinnati weathermen overreact to everything. Tonight they are saying nothing. That means we are probably going to be hit hard.

Do you watch Fox19 news?????????/ My DD is friends with Frank Marzullo. If he wears a sweater the weather is going to be REALLY bad. If he has a suit on the weather will be fine. Just a tip I thought you might like to know.

prezzy 01-31-2011 05:47 PM

We are suppose to get snow starting tomorrow. They said 6-12 inches and very cold. The snow doesn't stop this year. My friend had a Robin on her lawn the other day.

quilt1950 01-31-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Originally Posted by quilt1950
I'm in Cincinnati. Usually Cincinnati weathermen overreact to everything. Tonight they are saying nothing. That means we are probably going to be hit hard.

Do you watch Fox19 news?????????/ My DD is friends with Frank Marzullo. If he wears a sweater the weather is going to be REALLY bad. If he has a suit on the weather will be fine. Just a tip I thought you might like to know.

Usually Tim Hendricks. I'll check out Fox19.

windee 01-31-2011 05:52 PM

In north east PA I am just hoping for no ice storm,I will just stay home and Quilt

moonwork42029 01-31-2011 05:53 PM

We're just south of the "line" between snow and rain...crossing our fingers the weatherman is right this time. Last ice storm 2 years ago we were without power for 13 days and we only live 2 blks off main hwy.

Deb watkins 01-31-2011 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by prezzy
We are suppose to get snow starting tomorrow. They said 6-12 inches and very cold. The snow doesn't stop this year. My friend had a Robin on her lawn the other day.

I am two hours south of you, and predicted anywhere from 2-3 inches for tonight and 4-6 for Tues and Wed depending on really where in the belt you are.

Chele 01-31-2011 06:18 PM

Sending you all warm Florida weather. It's supposed to be 80 here tomorrow. It will be a nice change for us. It's been cold! No pretty snow, just cold! Beach weather tomorrow!

sewingsuz 01-31-2011 06:37 PM

I drove two yrs ago on new years week end from Chicago to Northern Arizona by myself and when I got just East of Amorilo Texas on I 40 they closed the freeway. The next day when I got to Amorilo TX there was Ice on every branch and every blade of grass. Everything was shut down. I never have seen this before and could not believe my eyes. It took me 8 hrs on new years day to go 250 miles going west on I 40. I was not near home yet. I drove 14 hrs by myself that day. Not a good way to spend new years eve or new year day. Glad to hit the AZ state line. Everyone be carefull in this storm coming up.

B. Louise 01-31-2011 06:38 PM

thank you,Chele for the warm weather thoughts you are sending us.