Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Releasing my Inner Pigpen (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/releasing-my-inner-pigpen-t244985.html)

miriam 04-12-2014 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6670877)
​Reminds me of what I look like when I paint. My sister could paint a whole room without getting a drop on her and looked like I rolled in the paint tray.

me too - if I want a room painted I get a can of paint and a roller out on a day when DH doesn't have anything to do - he grabs it out of my hands and paints. It's been that way for 36 years. LOL

mandyrose 04-12-2014 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tiggersmom (Post 6671512)
I'm sooooooo bad............ I fixed that problem early............I don't garden. I'm one of those that kill 90% of what I try to grow.

me to I try so many time just don't have the green thumb even my snake plant died on me

orangeroom 04-12-2014 03:04 AM

Angelia, you are funny! People who garden, get dirty. That's part of the reason why I don't. I do not like dirt under my nails. Now, don't get the wrong impression of me. I don't have long or beautiful nails. The only time I did was when I was pregnant (most of the 90's). I have to keep them on the short side for work and my sanity!

People probably also say "You know Angelia. She's the one with the beautiful flowers and gardens!"

MaryKatherine 04-12-2014 03:31 AM

Why so surprised about getting dirty. It's like sewing. Don't we hold the fabric on our hands and very often put it over our laps or drape it over our arms or body? Gardening is the same thing. The only difference is, for sewing I usually sit in a chair. When I garden I kneel, or sit on the ground, though I've been known to lie flat out when I weed in the hedges. Alas, we are still getting frost and the ground hasn't fired up yet. I can only sit on the porch with a glass of wine and dream.
MaryKatherine

Joset 04-12-2014 04:09 AM

i love gardening and getting dirty in the process i can't wait to get started

Geri B 04-12-2014 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6670877)
​Reminds me of what I look like when I paint. My sister could paint a whole room without getting a drop on her and looked like I rolled in the paint tray.

We must be soul sisters.

Geri B 04-12-2014 04:46 AM

I cheated a bit... We are finally enjoying a spring here. Little green things are beginning to pop in the gardens,but I couldn't wait. So, in a few outside pots I have for annuals I stuck some silk daffodils and tulips and put them on front porch, back deck....now that puts a smile on my face........

Lori S 04-12-2014 04:48 AM

I too have this Pig Pen thing going on... I struggle to get the evidence removed from under my nails. I will admit I am a digger! Maybe I was a dog in another life.

rainbowzebra 04-12-2014 05:20 AM

Wish I could get in the garden, we still have snow to get rid of, although most of it is gone, but ground is far from being ready for plants. I too seem to collect as much dirt on me as the plants. Who cares I am happy in the garden, shower takes care of the dirt. My crocus are blooming, and the tulips are peeking out so I guess spring is really here even though the weatherman says snow tomorrow. Thank heavens for my sewing machine to keep me busy til I can get in the garden.

mummadee 04-12-2014 05:29 AM

It's just the way we are, I don't know which is the more messier me, the gardener or the baker? Just enjoy whatever you're doing, that's why we have washing machines.