Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Remember Diaper Pins? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/remember-diaper-pins-t317760.html)

PurplePansies 03-13-2022 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 8542549)
I buy good quality, nickel-plated pins. They slide easily.

All pins dull eventually and not really the point, pun intended.

osewme 03-13-2022 11:53 AM

I sure do remember running the pins through my hair. It worked like a charm.

suern3 03-13-2022 02:05 PM

I ran diaper pins through my hair, too. Really worked!

Still Sew N 03-13-2022 02:45 PM

Yup, great memories there. I still have a jar of those pins and use them to thread elastic thru casings. Rubber pants - I remember them too. My daughter is using cloth diapers and oh man have things changed. We couldn't even find rubber pants, diaper pins or those blue liners I use to use inside their diapers. The current system is mind boggling to me - so many snaps and thick liners and a fancy spray apparatus on the toilet itself. Crazy how the old system was in place for so many, many years and now, well things have changed! But you know - babies haven't! Thanks for the great memory reminder!

Stitchnripper 03-13-2022 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Still Sew N (Post 8542579)
Yup, great memories there. I still have a jar of those pins and use them to thread elastic thru casings. Rubber pants - I remember them too. My daughter is using cloth diapers and oh man have things changed. We couldn't even find rubber pants, diaper pins or those blue liners I use to use inside their diapers. The current system is mind boggling to me - so many snaps and thick liners and a fancy spray apparatus on the toilet itself. Crazy how the old system was in place for so many, many years and now, well things have changed! But you know - babies haven't! Thanks for the great memory reminder!

OMG we have some of the same memories of rubber pants and blue diaper liners which my sweet late son always wanted instead of the other brand. He was almost 3 before he consented to be potty trained. He spoke in full sentences and told me when he would use the potty. True to his word he was. I just gave up worrying about it and he trained himself.

Anniedeb 03-13-2022 04:55 PM

Yes, diaper pins. For awhile I had two in diapers, and that was certainly fun! The duck pins were my favorite. My 2 year old would watch me change the baby's "di-ber" as he called it, and decided he could change his own. At that point I decided if he could change his own diaper, he could use training pants, and the potty chair. He was trained in less than a week!

lberna 03-14-2022 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Anniedeb (Post 8542589)
Yes, diaper pins. For awhile I had two in diapers, and that was certainly fun! The duck pins were my favorite. My 2 year old would watch me change the baby's "di-ber" as he called it, and decided he could change his own. At that point I decided if he could change his own diaper, he could use training pants, and the potty chair. He was trained in less than a week!

I had to laugh at "trained in less than a week." My first son trained in 3 days. I thought that was so easy. I’m saying to myself "what is difficult about potty training?" Well, I found out. My next son took about 4 months. 🤷🏼‍♀️

juliasb 03-14-2022 09:50 AM

I had a diaper service for a long while with my kids and pins were the only thing I provided myself. I would have a string of diaper pins attached to my shirt because you never knew when you would need one and the same on the diaper bag. I would still use cloth diapers over disposable any day! Here's to diaper pins. Oh yeah my girls are 44 and 45.

JanieW 03-14-2022 10:49 AM

I was given pink diaper pins with some hand me down pink sleepers when my oldest son was born. We weren’t wealthy so I was grateful for them. My husband’s colleague was appalled that I would put my son in pink.

JanieW 03-14-2022 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by cjsews (Post 8542496)
I remember that. Not sure most kids nowadays have any idea how to put a real diaper on a baby.

why would they need to?