Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Results of Restless leg syndrom (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/results-restless-leg-syndrom-t157258.html)

QuiltnNan 10-01-2011 02:42 PM

very nice!

DogHouseMom 10-01-2011 02:47 PM

Nice recycle.

and ... forgive my ignorance but I never knew there really was a 'restless leg syndrome'. thought it was just one of those made up things that drug companies thought "hey, we can make some money here" as the only "evidence" I've seen of RLS are commercials.

OK. Educated.

SewSassy 10-01-2011 02:50 PM

My sleep doctor did a ferritan level (which was low) and I am now taking iron tablets which has helped somewhat. Perhaps this may help

Ginger2010 10-01-2011 02:52 PM

That is a pretty rug, tho! Sorry about your restless legs! I have that sometimes, but never that bad!

Sandee 10-01-2011 03:10 PM

Great idea & pretty, too!

raedar63 10-01-2011 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Nice recycle.

and ... forgive my ignorance but I never knew there really was a 'restless leg syndrome'. thought it was just one of those made up things that drug companies thought "hey, we can make some money here" as the only "evidence" I've seen of RLS are commercials.

OK. Educated.

Even being a critical care nurse I didn't realize how terrible this was until I had a bout with it, This can be very miserable. I feel bad for those who have this as a chronic condition.

wvhill22 10-01-2011 03:12 PM

I love it. great idea

raedar63 10-01-2011 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by javin22
So I go through a lot of sheets wearing them out from my restless legs and what to do with supima cotton sheets that I pay through the nose for. This is one of the things I do with them. I love recycling.

Nice rug, I love homeade rugs and recycling, is it crochet or another method?

javin22 10-01-2011 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by antiquegirl68
I have Restless leg also, I know what you mean about the sheets. I take mirapex for my legs but I have to tell you I still suffer. I also suffer in the day also. How do you make the rugs is there a pattern you use?

I didn't use a pattern. I am a veteran crocheter. I just did a chain and started going around and around with a single crochet, adding extras on the ends as needed to make it lay flat.

javin22 10-01-2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63

Originally Posted by javin22
So I go through a lot of sheets wearing them out from my restless legs and what to do with supima cotton sheets that I pay through the nose for. This is one of the things I do with them. I love recycling.

Nice rug, I love homeade rugs and recycling, is it crochet or another method?

It is crochet with a very large hook. It is a plastic hook. I don't remember the size. I bought it back in the 70's