Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Returning tv shows? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/returning-tv-shows-t271495.html)

sandy l 10-27-2015 03:18 AM

I'm with you on enjoying the DYI shows that you mentioned. Also like watching Foyles War and The Artful Detective on one of the BBC channels we can get. We're waiting for Major Crimes to start again.

regm 10-27-2015 04:54 AM

I love most any thing on PBS. Have a different feeling about Mike and Molly since watching her movie Spy. Talk about dumb and the language, my husband went to bed instead of finishing it.

Geri B 10-27-2015 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by regm (Post 7357400)
I love most any thing on PBS. Have a different feeling about Mike and Molly since watching her movie Spy. Talk about dumb and the language, my husband went to bed instead of finishing it.

Have not seen that movie, but have seen previous ones and yes the movies she is in are dumb and kindergarten humor.....but there's a lot of that going around lately, it seems....and I'm sure the $$$$$ are rollin' in!!!!!!!

RE: sports on regular channels....hate it...I am not any kind of SPORT fan......I wish all of that would have its own channel(s) so regular broadcasting needn't be interrupted/delayed......JMHO.......

citruscountyquilter 10-27-2015 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119 (Post 7356811)
I think Outlander will be back in the fall sometime. I am looking forward to that one!!!! I love the books and the show both. My DD and I got to meet the author, Diana Gabaldon, last December along with Graham McTavish, who plays Dougal McKenzie in the show. They are wonderful people!!!

I believe that Outlander season 2 will be in the Spring. I've seen dates ranging from March-May. I do love that show. Foyles War is also a favorite along with Last Tango In Halifax which I hope will be back. I watch mostly British TV with my Roku so much so that it seems perfectly normal when they get in the other side of the car to drive!

Roberta 10-27-2015 06:32 AM

I have stuck with the PBS series Indian Summers, why I don't know. I find it boring and more then confusing the way they jump from one story to another. I believe there might be only one more episode left for which I'll be grateful.

Does anyone know if Better Call Saul will be back?

eimay 10-27-2015 09:31 AM

Like others, we have moved to PBS, Discovery, ME (old 50s shows), Science, History. Major networks are too violent and too explicit.

Stitchit123 10-27-2015 11:50 AM

On regular TV its NCIS and NCIS New Orleans - Bones - Castle and Big Bang. I only have basic cable so the 3 favorite channels are Disney - USA and TVland I can watch reruns of the shows I grew up watching. Occasionally SyFy will show Star Trek or Harry Potter type movies. October is the worst month of all.

slbram17 10-27-2015 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchit123 (Post 7357802)
On regular TV its NCIS and NCIS New Orleans - Bones - Castle and Big Bang. I only have basic cable so the 3 favorite channels are Disney - USA and TVland I can watch reruns of the shows I grew up watching. Occasionally SyFy will show Star Trek or Harry Potter type movies. October is the worst month of all.

Just started watching some of the reruns of Big Bang - kind of funny once you give it a chance.

Wanabee Quiltin 10-27-2015 01:59 PM

I was just telling DH that I was getting fed up with American made TV shows. They are made for the dumb and dumber set. A few years ago, a major TV show had the heroine kill 7 men at one time and later she was making jokes at dinner. We now watch a show and point out all the stupid things they do that are not realistic at all. We have enjoyed Netflix a great deal watching a shows from beginning to end. Just finished Longmire last night.

janjj 10-27-2015 03:00 PM

I have what I call 'country cable" I have just regular TV an antena. so listen to music or books on tape from my local library. don't want to spend money on shows I feel are dumb.