Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Scared and DH is at work. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/scared-dh-work-t77251.html)

SherriB 11-18-2010 06:35 PM

I am so nervous and scared. I was in the living room and DGD just came to me and said someone knocked on the back door, mamaw. Come let them in. :shock: :shock: :!: :!: No one ever knocks on that door. DH is at work and it is just me and th kids. I feel so sick at my stomach. I don't think I will sleep tonight. All doors/windows are locked, checked and double check and alarm is on. Outside lights are on and hopefully will stay on. Ugh!! I am so cold even though the house is warm. I will be so glad for this night to end. I hate being scared!! :!:

craftybear 11-18-2010 06:36 PM

call the police so they can come and check out the area, take care

oatw13 11-18-2010 06:37 PM

Where we live, you can call the local police and they will do a drive by. There may be other people in the area reporting something similar.

Regardless, keep the phone nearby if needed.

erstan947 11-18-2010 06:38 PM

If you need to ask the local police to do a check around your house. It would be worth it for some piece of mind.

lhavelka 11-18-2010 06:38 PM

Sherri is there someone that you can call and talk to? How about the next door neighbor going out and seeing if anyone is around? Piece of mind would be to call the police and just have them check it out.

scowlkat 11-18-2010 06:38 PM

Definitely call the police! They will come check the house out and that will make you feel more secure. Take care. I hate being scared also!

mama's place 11-18-2010 06:38 PM

Bless YOu!! Is there a neighbor or friend that you could call to come over to check out the area or could you call and have the police ride by and check out the area?? If you feel unsafe, follow your instincts and do something to make your Gkids and you safe.

SherriB 11-18-2010 06:43 PM

DD called her BF and he is going to come stay with us tonight. I am so chilled to the bone. We have a nice neighborhood but you just never know. Most everyone around here knows DH works nights and I also work nights.

I want to call the police but I feel guilty bothering them. I know they are they to help us when we need them and I don't want to take them away from someone who has a true emergency.

I know I will feel better having Evan here. He is a volunteer jr. fire fighter.

SherriB 11-18-2010 06:44 PM

We all have cell phones, thankfully, and they will be kept with us at all times.

moonangel12 11-18-2010 06:44 PM

Thank goodness she didn't open the door! We usually only have family stop by so my son runs to the door to open it... we are working VERY hard on that one!

I really think calling the police is a good idea. I would be completely freaked out, too!