Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Scared and DH is at work.

Blog Entries
    I am so nervous and scared. I was in the living room and DGD just came to me and said someone knocked on the back door, mamaw. Come let them in. :shock: :shock: :!: :!: No one ever knocks on that door. DH is at work and it is just me and th kids. I feel so sick at my stomach. I don't think I will sleep tonight. All doors/windows are locked, checked and double check and alarm is on. Outside lights are on and hopefully will stay on. Ugh!! I am so cold even though the house is warm. I will be so glad for this night to end. I hate being scared!! :!:

Blog Entries
    call the police so they can come and check out the area, take care

Where we live, you can call the local police and they will do a drive by. There may be other people in the area reporting something similar.

Regardless, keep the phone nearby if needed.

Blog Entries
    If you need to ask the local police to do a check around your house. It would be worth it for some piece of mind.

Sherri is there someone that you can call and talk to? How about the next door neighbor going out and seeing if anyone is around? Piece of mind would be to call the police and just have them check it out.

Blog Entries
    Definitely call the police! They will come check the house out and that will make you feel more secure. Take care. I hate being scared also!

Bless YOu!! Is there a neighbor or friend that you could call to come over to check out the area or could you call and have the police ride by and check out the area?? If you feel unsafe, follow your instincts and do something to make your Gkids and you safe.

Blog Entries
    DD called her BF and he is going to come stay with us tonight. I am so chilled to the bone. We have a nice neighborhood but you just never know. Most everyone around here knows DH works nights and I also work nights.

I want to call the police but I feel guilty bothering them. I know they are they to help us when we need them and I don't want to take them away from someone who has a true emergency.

I know I will feel better having Evan here. He is a volunteer jr. fire fighter.

Blog Entries
    We all have cell phones, thankfully, and they will be kept with us at all times.

Thank goodness she didn't open the door! We usually only have family stop by so my son runs to the door to open it... we are working VERY hard on that one!

I really think calling the police is a good idea. I would be completely freaked out, too!

Keep your keys with you, too, if you have a remote panic button. That would be a quick way to possibly scare someone off.

*HUGS* & Prayers

Blog Entries
    Please please call the police!!!!

Blog Entries
    Lexi is so sweet and trusts everyone. She does not know a stranger and thinks everyone is her friend. She will go up to everyone and start a conversation with them. She is only 5 but going on 16 already.

Blog Entries
    DH and his friend trade driving to work. Tonight is DH's night so it is ovbious he is not home. I do feel better with Evan coming over. I think I will have him call the non-emergency police number for me.

The police here have a separate # other than 911. You can just call and explain what happened and that you would really appreciate it if someone would come out. I really think they would rather do that than have something happen to you and have to rush out. You may actually save someone else from having something happen to them if you can scare this person off w/the police. Just a thought. ;-)

Please call the non emergency # NOW...if it is someone that is up to no good, you may be able to prevent a problem...

Blog Entries
    Sounds as if someone was trying to see if anyone was home before he broke in. The police need to know about this, since he has probably moved on to some other house in the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriB
    DD called her BF and he is going to come stay with us tonight. I am so chilled to the bone. We have a nice neighborhood but you just never know. Most everyone around here knows DH works nights and I also work nights.

I want to call the police but I feel guilty bothering them. I know they are they to help us when we need them and I don't want to take them away from someone who has a true emergency.

I know I will feel better having Evan here. He is a volunteer jr. fire fighter.
    Do not feel quilty calling the police. That is what they are there for. My son's a deputy sheriff and he would rather have your house checked out, than come there for any other reason. It'll make you feel better even if your daughters BG is there. Better safe than sorry.

I do hope you called the non-emergency number. Don't go outside, perhaps there are prints left around the door. Please keep us posted.

Blog Entries
    I called the non-emergency police # and they will drive by for me. I don't worry so much for me, but I want to protect my babies at any cost.

Blog Entries
    I am happy to hear you called the police. They probably could get finger prints off of your door from the knocking.

Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by SherriB
    I called the non-emergency police # and they will drive by for me. I don't worry so much for me, but I want to protect my babies at any cost.

Thank goodness. Believe me that is their job and they dont mind at all.

I too am glad you called the police. They would very much prefer to be called to prevent a problem than to have you wait until they have to respond after the problem has occurred.

Let us know that you are OK.

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Please please call the police!!!!
    I too would call the police - if something happens elsewhere they will have some information on record. If you are so scared it is an emergency!!!!! Do you live in a populated area or rural - are there houses within sight? Is there someone you can stay with instead of staying there for the night.

Be safe!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast