Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Scenery from your front door! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/scenery-your-front-door-t47229.html)

kathy 05-27-2010 06:19 AM

we try to pass on the gators too but they just keep coming, he catches them and moves them up the road about 5 miles but usually within a week there's 2 more here as we have 2 ponds and they usually like to have it to themselves so the smaller ones get pushed out and find the smaller pond in the back, I love all the hostas, I keep trying but they just don't make it. Everyone's place looks so peaceful.

Quilt Mom 05-27-2010 06:27 AM

Thanks for sharing, everyone! Such peaceful settings, and inspiration for quilts!

I have no pics to share. From our front door, I see the street - but don 't dare take a step until the contracter finished the deck!! Other than that, it is rather a hodgepodge of dirt...
Maybe next year.

JudyG 05-27-2010 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what we see from our living room window. The view is gorgeous. The plane taking off is an antique warplane which was owned by our neighbor whose house you see with the red roof. This was his last takeoff with it as he sold it. :cry: :cry: It is so much fun to sit and watch the planes land and the boats go by. Unfortunately, we don't have many beautiful plants like lots of you because we have a ton of deer around and they eat everything in sight.

View from our living room window
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74172[/ATTACH]

QBeth 05-27-2010 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Front corner of the yard. If you look to the right, end of the wall, you'll see how an enterprising chipmunk has tunneled alongside the french drain. _:-)_

cjomomma 05-27-2010 05:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I don't have a pretty view out the front but I will show it anyway. The back view is really nice.

my nieghbors door.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74465[/ATTACH]

the view around the corner and Dd
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74466[/ATTACH]

this is out the back door
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74471[/ATTACH]

Deecee 05-27-2010 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I don't have a pretty view out the front but I will show it anyway. The back view is really nice.

Let's see the back door view. :-D

hpylady 05-27-2010 05:24 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pictures of our landmarks, sorry no beautiful lakes and foothills. I think these were taken back in October of last year, maybe the year before.

Did have pine trees, cut down and added Gazebo.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74475[/ATTACH]

cjomomma 05-27-2010 05:26 PM

The pic out back is there now.

AnnaK 05-27-2010 05:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm so jealous of all the sunshine you all have. Ours has been the wetest Spring on record. Ready for some of that summer you have.

View from living room.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74483[/ATTACH]

Mt. Tam from front door.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74484[/ATTACH]

sunflower126 05-27-2010 05:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Need to take more of the back yard.

From my front porch, magnolia tree and azalea bushes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74486[/ATTACH]

View of side of sun porch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74491[/ATTACH]

A few of my flowers, I plant mostly in containers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74492[/ATTACH]

Just getting ready to jump onto my bird feeder.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74493[/ATTACH]