Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Secret Obsession (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/secret-obsession-t281662.html)

Wonnie 08-28-2016 06:22 AM

Hmmmmmmm...not sure it's an obsession or just a habit...like to have my morning coffee watching the news and answering my emails but life doesn't go berserk if I don't for some reason get to do either.

Doggramma 08-28-2016 12:48 PM

Gosh I can't even remember the last time I saw circus peanuts. I love them if they're soft.

zozee 08-28-2016 01:24 PM

Bulls-eyes ( round caramels with cream centers) and Good n' Plenty candy are my not-so-secret candy obsessions.
Glazed cinnamon rolls (esp Cinnabon) are my favorite pastry that I have a hard time stopping once I start eating.
Fresh flowers.
Words with Friends.
Napping.
And recently, I've discovered LA Theare Works online. The plays are done for radio by famous actors, and are exceptionally good. I love to listen for two hours on Friday night while I sew.

Jan in VA 08-28-2016 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sandra in Minnesota (Post 7637657)
I can't eat just ONE Oreo.

Lands! I just remembered that, although I really don't care for regular Oreos, I absolutely adore LEMON Oreos and have to force myself not to buy them most shopping trips lest I eat them all in 2 days!

Jan in VA

ontheriver 08-28-2016 05:49 PM

Addicted to my iPad, not much in way of food, I can buy a candy bar and leave it in the fridge for weeks before I eat it.

Jingle 08-28-2016 05:50 PM

I have too many foods I love to name just 1 or 2. I do love Kruncher potato chips, but I have sworn off them and buy lightly salted.

Littledreamdevil 08-28-2016 06:22 PM

My passion is anything chocolate or chips. My husband tells me "honey you fell asleep with your
hand in your chip bowl last night". I just have to have one of those two things every night.

AllAboutScraps 08-29-2016 07:27 AM

I've developed a LOVE for dark chocolate covered almonds. This is bad since I am trying to cut sugar out of my diet. Dark chocolate is my major failing. I just can't say no.

Notwendy 08-29-2016 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7637324)
i also like m&m's at the movie.i love Violets. it's a square candy that tastes like violets, sold like a lifesaver in a purple and silver foil. it's a funky taste that yu have to aquire a tatse for, but once you have, you'll crave it. i've been told it's an old persons candy, but my 26 yo son loves them too. Just found out my friend loves them too. Off to buy a few packs of it.

A shop in our office building sells them. We bought a pack to try and we all agree that they taste like a dish of grandma's guest soaps. : )

Notwendy 08-29-2016 09:15 AM

I ADORE candy corn (and even those little pumpkin shaped ones). If I open a bag, I finish a bag. I describe my love for them as "One is too many and 100 is not enough". It is best not to keep them around. : )

I also love vanilla flavored anything. I will choose vanilla over chocolate every time (yes, I know white chocolate is closer to a candle than a chocolate bar - still love them). Mmmm now I want vanilla bean ice cream with white chocolate chips and salted pecans.