Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/september-2012-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t199254.html)

createfourpaws 09-19-2012 11:51 AM

Finally heard from one of the companies I had put an application in for, they have a 5 step process I am through 4 of them. Now for the waiting game for the face to face interview.

Also heard from a company I was laid off from due to medicare changes, so waiting to hear about that interview.

Ladies thanks for all your prayers. I have been getting very discouraged to not wanting to do anything at all but hide from the world.

I have a date tonight and it will be good to get out of the house. Now to go work on the t-shirt quilt before i get ready for my date.

Have a blessed day and remember you are in control of what you put in your mouth and body. Be wise in your decision.

createfourpaws 09-19-2012 12:03 PM

Pam H......i received your FQ's for 4 months.

Gail i will keep my eyes out for yours to arrive.

Ladies if you haven't sent them yet please get them in the mail soon. Thank you

meanmom 09-19-2012 12:26 PM

Cindy I have been so bad this month. I finally sent the next 4 months yesterday. I also sent last months to the winner. Good luck at the interviews. I get so nervous about them but I do fine. I am looking for a job too. But I have one. I have applied for about 10 and heard nothing. I am pretty sure they will be hiring from within. I need to get out of where I am. The really really dislike the teacher I work. with. She is rude and unfair. I don't feel like I can talk to the principal. One of the pother aides in the room hates it too. The other aide is her best friend. If there is a crappy job in the room I get it. I don't mind hard work but she should be fair. I am pretty depressed about it. Probably why my weight loss isn't going well.
Cindy have fun on your date.
Pat

Jim's Gem 09-19-2012 04:15 PM

Cindy, did you receive my 4 mos worth of FQ's? I hope so. They should have been there by now

createfourpaws 09-19-2012 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem (Post 5526738)
Cindy, did you receive my 4 mos worth of FQ's? I hope so. They should have been there by now

I'm sorry I thought I let you know...my bad. Yes your 4 months has arrived safe and sound.

calmqultr 09-19-2012 08:26 PM

I'd love to participate. Please give me the address to send the FQ's, Thank you.

CountryHouseQuilter 09-20-2012 06:15 AM

Cindy - keeping you in my prayers for a job to come through. I know what you're going through and it's tough. DH got injured on the job and couldn't work, about 6 yrs ago. We lost our health insurance and I had to get a job to get insurance back. I put in about 70 apps. with the government before I got a call and interviewed. I got hired, love my job & my boss, but wish it paid more. I'm still looking to move up within, but we're on a hiring freeze right now. Hope you find something, but keep your spirits up!!!!

Well, I'm only down 2lbs. as of today, but I'll take what I can get. Quilting group was here last night and we celebrated 2 of the ladies Bdays. One lady in the group brought a homemade ice cream cake.....and yes, I had a piece. But not a big one. It was soooooo good. Glad she took the rest home....hehehe.

Getting ready to go see my SIL and get my hair highlighted and colored. Needs it badly!!!! Then I'm swinging by WalMart, one of the ladies had some really cute Halloween fabric she bought there about a week ago and now we all want some. I'm picking up for 3 ladies if they have it.

Everyone have a great day!!!! Drink lots of water and watch what you put in your mouth. Heading out the door with water in hand!!

Vanogay 09-20-2012 09:10 AM

Have been good so far this week - it is Thursday, right? Went out for lunch with hubby yesterday and had a shrimp alfredo, ate about 1/2, so not too bad. Then to churchfor supper and they have chicken alfredo. Had some salad and a small portion of the chicken - maybe not so good to have two in the same day. Didn't think to weight this morning, but will tomorrow and see what I have to atone for! Think about your eating and drink lots of water.

meanmom 09-20-2012 04:15 PM

I went shopping today. I tried on a pair of Lands End pants back in early August. I knew they wouldn't fit but I was trying them on to gauge what size to order, they wouldn't button. I bought those very pants today and not only did they button,but they fit perfectly:-) And to top it all off they were on clearance:-) All the hard work is paying off:-)
Pat

Jim's Gem 09-20-2012 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 5529162)
I went shopping today. I tried on a pair of Lands End pants back in early August. I knew they wouldn't fit but I was trying them on to gauge what size to order, they wouldn't button. I bought those very pants today and not only did they button,but they fit perfectly:-) And to top it all off they were on clearance:-) All the hard work is paying off:-)

Pat

Congratulations!!! Isn't that such a great feeling!!!!!!