Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/september-2012-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t199254.html)

CountryHouseQuilter 09-05-2012 08:19 PM

Mean - you definately need to destress!!! I know hiding in my sewing room always destresses me. Hope you got some sewing in tonight!!!! I'm up in the AM to head to PA. Taking my machine to have it serviced while I hit up a couple quilt shops with a friend. Should be a great day!!!!

quilthappygail 09-05-2012 11:33 PM

I missed the sign up deadline for his month so I will just follow along this month. I will be here to cheer you all on.
Maybe next month I won't let the days slip away and get signed up on time. Now to go back and read all your postings.
Gail

lauriejo 09-06-2012 03:46 AM

Good morning all! I keep losing this thread and finding it too late to sign up, grrrr. I really have got to get back on track. I was at the doctor's on Friday and boy was that an ugly number on the scale. Time for me to get off this ole lard butt and lose it!

irishrose 09-06-2012 01:28 PM

Gail and lauriejo, I'm sure Cindy will give a you by and let you sign up last. We value our 'elder' members - as in length of membership, not chronological age. Post here and I will add your names to the list.

"Time to get off this ole lard butt and lose it!" That's telling it like it is. My latest weight seem to be more in the front - or maybe that's just what I can see, but I'm with you, Laurie.

lauriejo 09-06-2012 03:02 PM

That's me, lol, the elder lard butt! Seriously though my weight has been creeping up for months. The longer I was off work, the less moving I did and the more snacking I did. Started a new job last month so now it's time to lose enough weight that I can fit back into my work clothes!

sewNso 09-06-2012 03:11 PM

hello ladies. just re-read from start to finish this month. FQ mailing has changed, i see. we send them to the 'hostess' then she mails them on. i guess that is good, because in the past, some didn't actually send their FQ, i had been told, and i think sending was even optional for just a short time.
glad i caught 'to the hostess'. read how everyone was eating. we all have our own preferences, don't we? i'm 65, and i have found that meat, fish and veg work for me. i have to limit my fruit, and stick to just a couple grains/carbs a day. i guess the old WW from years ago is what i prefer. but i do treat myself to something every couple weeks, like sugary jelly, or a pt of ice cream. i've been trying to lose for about 3 weeks now, and have lost ll lbs so far.
hang in there ladies.
DO WE SEND THE FQ NOW??? AS THE 10TH OF SEPT.?
has anyone else had this problem--i get the notifications of 'watched thread', but when i hit the link for it, it takes me to the quilting board, but will not load anything but the VERY top headings of the page.

irishrose 09-06-2012 03:29 PM

Yes, sewNso, send it to Cindy by the 10th of September. Fall it is. I thnk I have some isolated in a box and I THINK I know where it is. It sounds like you are on the right track and have found what works for you. :thumbup:

Laurie, are you joining the FQ challenge? I hope so. I enjoy your posts.

I was up early and had a long day. I'd better get the dogs out before I talk myself out of it, then I can rest or press HSTs. I'm still dragging my feet on the FMQ. I don't know how I became my ex-husband's caretaker, but it makes for a long day.

Have y'all put your goal for the month on the calendar? Might want to write down somewhere what your weight was on the first if your memory is anything like mine. Not on the public calendar for me, thank you, anyway.

createfourpaws 09-06-2012 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo (Post 5494315)
Good morning all! I keep losing this thread and finding it too late to sign up, grrrr. I really have got to get back on track. I was at the doctor's on Friday and boy was that an ugly number on the scale. Time for me to get off this ole lard butt and lose it!

Please join us, send you FQ in. You have been missed.

createfourpaws 09-06-2012 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail (Post 5494190)
I missed the sign up deadline for his month so I will just follow along this month. I will be here to cheer you all on.
Maybe next month I won't let the days slip away and get signed up on time. Now to go back and read all your postings.
Gail

Yes Gail.........send in your FQ.....we need you. You have been missed

createfourpaws 09-06-2012 05:15 PM

I just loved reading 50 shades of Grey........got the other 2 today and will start them later. I have to keep going on the tshirt quilt I am working on.

Remember to take time for yourself even if only about 5 mins a day to unwind. We are our worst enemines, just need to remember to take care of ourselves when we take care of others around us.

Welcome back LaurieJo and Gail....you have been missed.

Heading over to the sewing machine to work on the t-shirt quilt, still putting the framing on it. have about 8 more to frame then i get to start playing with the layout and see where things may need to bee added to a row. Still have some of the small patches from the shirts she wants to be added that I can use. This has been a fun project. I will post pictures as i am making progress.