Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/september-2012-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t199254.html)

irishrose 09-10-2012 08:18 AM

CHQ, you make me tired just reading all that. I have a flower to plant, a quilt to FMQ (I tried yesterday and it didn't go well. I've never ripped out FMQ before), cookies and fudge to make to send to my college GD, a chair to shampoo and a house to straighten, so I won't be here long, though I'll be back when I need a rest.

I will send cookies to my freshman GGS. A batch will make too many to mail to Miss M - young Mr T likes cc cookies, too. Luckily, I can't have any of the cookies, but I'll have to wrap the fudge as soon as it's set and pour dish detergent in the pan so I don't lick it. It would be cheaper to send them cash to buy some treats, but that's not homemade from grandma. Intelligent, clean living children/young adults need hugs from GM. No, they aren't being rewarded for their intelligence - that's hereditary, but for using it wisely. I'll take a few cookies and some fudge to an adopted GD, too. A young friend has a horrible home situation - additive parents and all that goes with it - and asked to be removed from the house when she was 13. She's beautiful, bright, athletic, etc. I try to keep it in her mind someone loves her and she needs to use her gifts wisely. This sophomore year in HS will be a big one in her life as far as deciding the direction she is taking.

I did some checking yesterday and weight gain in the waist and legs is a side effect of Keflex. Da--, I avoid steroids for that reason. At this rate, I'll gain 35 pounds by the end of 14 days. NOT!

It's a lovely day - not too warm for once. The dogs and I are going to lake before I do too much. I love the sparkle of the sun on the water, though I'm not a water baby. I rather be near it or on it rather than in it except for my lovely warm bath.

CHQ, what are doing with your hexies? I have some I've done while at Dr appt's. I have a table runner in mind - I'd never do enough for a quilt. They are so cute and I feel a connection to my GM. I have a GFG quilt she made totally by hand for me in my LR. I see so many of my little girl dresses when I look at it.

Gail, I have trouble drinking enough water, too. I do count tea as liquid. You can find support for that both ways and I prefer the latest that it does count - not enough of a diuretic to make a difference. I also like lemon water. Drinking it without sugar is a learned behavior, but I find it refreshing.

Have a good day, all. Eat clean, drink water and move your body.

Jim's Gem 09-10-2012 10:37 AM

Ok, I need to get my FQ out in the mail. Last time I sent to cover 4 months. Do I need to send in for September? I'm not sure. Anyway, I will try to get the next 4 months selected and out in the next couple of days.
Tomorrow I have my guild meeting. Have not been since June and am looking forward to it.
In the afternoon I have a biopsy I need to have done. Praying it's nothing or if it is that we caught it early. It has been weighing on my mind a couple of weeks since they told me I need to have this done. My mother has had several different types of cancer. I hope I am not following in her footsteps!!!
Therapy has been going well. I have been able to walk without my cane for the middle of the night restroom trips. I still limp really bad at that time but walk somewhat "normal" with only a slight limp during the day. I want to be able to go for a walk. I see my Dr again on Thursday.
I have trying to be good, and have mostly been succeeding but the scale is not showing it!!!!

createfourpaws 09-10-2012 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem (Post 5504539)
Ok, I need to get my FQ out in the mail. Last time I sent to cover 4 months. Do I need to send in for September? I'm not sure. Anyway, I will try to get the next 4 months selected and out in the next couple of days.
Tomorrow I have my guild meeting. Have not been since June and am looking forward to it.
In the afternoon I have a biopsy I need to have done. Praying it's nothing or if it is that we caught it early. It has been weighing on my mind a couple of weeks since they told me I need to have this done. My mother has had several different types of cancer. I hope I am not following in her footsteps!!!
Therapy has been going well. I have been able to walk without my cane for the middle of the night restroom trips. I still limp really bad at that time but walk somewhat "normal" with only a slight limp during the day. I want to be able to go for a walk. I see my Dr again on Thursday.
I have trying to be good, and have mostly been succeeding but the scale is not showing it!!!!

Gayle, last time I only gave up to August. So yes you need to send for september.

Jim's Gem 09-10-2012 04:30 PM

Ok, that's what I was thinking!! Thanks! It may not get out until Wednesday!

Vanogay 09-10-2012 04:54 PM

Home from my trip to Atlanta. Tried to be good while i was there, but with so much food at gatherings before the funeral and after, it was hard. I did try to have fruit instead of dessert most meals, so that helped somewhat - no second helpings at all and tried never to overload the plate. Probably the worst time was when they ordered in Chinese. I had sweet and sour chicken and chicken on a stick plus some white rice and one egg roll. Didn't weigh this morning, will do that tomorrow and see what damages I need to undo before the month's end. Really putting the skids on overeating now. Lots of water already today and a short walk up and down the street with a friend.

createfourpaws 09-11-2012 01:36 PM

I am making some progress on the t-shirt quilt. Finally have all shirts framed, I framed them all with the same size frame and will cut them down as I need to. Now I am ironing the frames around them and will start on how i am going to lay them out. This is my first t-shirt quilt. I did take a class and it was fun. Oh wait i guess this is the second one since I have the practice one.

Eating has been a challenge for me.......when I am depressed I don't want to eat and if i do it is all carbs. UGH I need to break that one.

I am however drinking plenty of water/tea. So that is a good thing. I just need to stop buying all the carb stuff, since i have no one else to cook or buy for. SO i guess i am my worse enemy right now.

meanmom 09-11-2012 02:10 PM

Tomorrow is my birthday. We bring our own treats to work. I made salted caramel chocolate shortbread bars. OMG THEY ARE SO GOOD! I need them out of my house before I eat them all. I have been behaving pretty well so far. I just hope there are some left in the morning. I have been trying to cut out sweets and chocolate. They are killing me. I have only eaten one so far while I cut them. Probably about a million calories in one. I duck taped the container shut to try to keep myself out.

createfourpaws 09-11-2012 02:47 PM

Happy Birthday ..... have a great day.

lauriejo 09-11-2012 03:24 PM

I am so excited, I finally weighed myself, and I have lost 3 pounds this month! It's barely a drop in the bucket, but the numbers are finally going down instead of up.

createfourpaws 09-11-2012 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo (Post 5507574)
I am so excited, I finally weighed myself, and I have lost 3 pounds this month! It's barely a drop in the bucket, but the numbers are finally going down instead of up.

congrats.........keep it up.