Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   September weight loss 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/september-weight-loss-2015-a-t269377.html)

beckyw 09-07-2015 05:45 AM

You did a great job Teri.

Pam H 09-07-2015 05:31 PM

Congrats Teri!! Ten pounds is a great loss!
I just got back from a weekend trip to Iowa. Visited my mom and then drove 200 miles to my MIL. After an 800+ mile trip and I forgot to wear my support stockings, my ankles are swollen. Guess I will be peeing that off tonight and tomorrow!
The good news is the weather has cooled down so should be able to get back into my walking routine.

meanmom 09-07-2015 07:09 PM

I rode my bike 20 miles on Saturday and 15 miles today. We went swimming in my neighbors pool today with the grandkids. It was lots of fun.
Back to work in the morning. It is supposed to be really hot for 2 more days and then cool down. I hope so, the classrooms are so hot. I will either wear shorts or a skirt tomorrow. It is much cooler that way. Time for bed.

beckyw 09-08-2015 07:19 AM

Lost two pounds last week. That is pretty good for the weekend of fattening foods I ate. Pecan pie, pizza, ribs, fries and much more. Back on track this week.

Annaquilts 09-08-2015 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by beckyw (Post 7311004)
Lost two pounds last week. That is pretty good for the weekend of fattening foods I ate. Pecan pie, pizza, ribs, fries and much more. Back on track this week.

No kidding. I lost nothing and I did not have any of the yummy food you are listing. Maybe I will see the rewards next week? I think 2 lbs in one week is awesome. Congratulations!

amandab 09-08-2015 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by beckyw (Post 7311004)

Great job on the loss!

Pam H 09-08-2015 06:05 PM

Feeling good tonight. Burned 1050 calories today walking a little over 6 miles.

Annaquilts 09-09-2015 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H (Post 7311594)
Feeling good tonight. Burned 1050 calories today walking a little over 6 miles.

Great work out and lots of calories! I bet you are tired too. I did some gardening. It was good to be out there again.

crafty-kid 09-09-2015 05:11 PM

Well...school is back in session and I haven't been able to get my walks in yet, too tired getting used to the new schedule. I'm hoping that my walking during recess is helping a bit, but I want to be less tired so I can do both.

Leann 09-10-2015 09:33 AM

Teri, I think your little body will adjust quickly since you've done this in the past. Muscle memory can be a good thing.

My surgeon continues to be amazed at my progress - wants me to get a shirt that says Rock Star. I go back in December and can do anything except fall. Did he really think he needed to say that? I am forever praying for a long list of people to NOT fall. I've had minor pain the past two days - and actually slept in my own bed for a change. I've been thinking of what I can do to maintain consistency in the good habits I'm trying to establish. I'd like to cut out a lot of starchy carbs and drastically curtail my Dr Pepper fixes. While my weight was down in my doctors office from the last visit, I was still 6 pounds over what I wanted to be.

I have discovered that sewing or other busy work takes my mind off my legs. I may have crossed that line of too much laying around that is causing problems. I'd love to be able to put in the bike miles that meanmom does, but I'm gonna start slow. I'm an all-or-nothing kind of girl - this is a work in progress for me.

I did finish my Burgoyne Surrounded scrappy block yesterday. Once I learn how to upload it to my computer, I'll upload it to a post on the Board. I am not a fan of Windows 8 - can't find my folders.

For the first time in weeks, we do not have any triple digit days in our forecast. Fall is my favorite season.