Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Sewing Room Elves (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sewing-room-elves-t230879.html)

themachinelady 09-25-2013 05:34 AM

I am not sure if mine made the move with me or not, but I think some of the messier ones did. In fact now that I think about it, all the ones at the old house did was mess things up and hide things from me, and now I think they have switched the boxes that I packed things in as I can't find anything and I know I packed it this or that box! Don't know if I will ever get it all organized or not, and the room I claimed for a sewing room has shrunk to an unbelievably small size all of a sudden. I don't understand why. There was plenty of room when I started moving, and now I am scrambling for space, don't know where I am going to put it all! I just don't understand how these things happen!

gramajo 09-25-2013 05:46 AM

I had a very helpful elf last weekend. :thumbup: I moved 2 weeks ago. DD elf was here Sat. to help unpack and organize stash and books/magazines--still have to unpack and organize all the notions/rest of the stuff but my elf gave me a big start.

jbj137 09-25-2013 06:59 AM

OOOh,
I know where they are.

They all moved into my house,
they sit all day and watch TV,

and I cannot get them to do a darn thing.

Just totally useless.

oldtnquiltinglady 09-25-2013 07:06 AM

MaryMo, maybe soon I'll learn how to do the "quote" thing, but in the meantime, I loved your statement, and think it should be put on "utube"--so very appropriate right now.....Love it.

JenGaile 09-25-2013 07:41 AM

Come to think of it....mine seem to have over-extended their vacation! :)

MargeD 09-25-2013 11:14 AM

I'm afraid my sewing room elves are full of mischief and no matter how carefully I try to keep projects together, they manage to mess things up.

nwm50 09-25-2013 01:02 PM

As a matter of fact....they came and made a huge mess in mine on top of my mess!!

Lyncat 09-25-2013 06:35 PM

Our kids and our 2 granddaughters just moved into their own house. I get to turn the nursery back into a sewing room! They have been with us since April, so I miss have the girls here, but I love having my house back! I really need those elves to come and help me.

buslady 09-26-2013 04:51 AM

I saw my elves down by the beach one day last week. They were out in a sailboat fishing. They waved at me. I wonder, was that a "good bye" wave? Or an "I'll see you later" wave? Or, and this is what I thought, was it a "stuff it in yer nose" wave? They hid some really important sewing items on their way out the door. I hope they enjoy themselves. NOT!!

RedGarnet222 09-26-2013 05:02 AM

Seems like all mine do lately is stack up the fabrics for me to put away. I am gonna have to have a talk with them!