Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Shoes for Retail (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/shoes-retail-t54784.html)

Linda B 07-16-2010 03:15 PM

Clarks, Clarks, and more Clarks. I found these about 10 years ago and will wear nothing else. They are extremely comfortable, you can stand in them for hours, they don't pinch your toes, yet are stylish. I particularly like the clogs, but have three pairs of the line they call unstructured. They are a little bit on the expensive side, but I'm still wearing the very first pair I bought. If you have any outlet malls near you, they may have a store there.

DebraK 07-16-2010 03:21 PM

Yes, clarks are good too. I'm a clogs gal myself.

lab fairy 07-16-2010 04:01 PM

Get a good podiatrist and check into orthotics. Shoes are incredibly important (I personally wear very nice athletic shoes in a lab environment or hiking boots in the field). If you spend hours on your feet high fashion goes out the window and practicality comes in. The Easy Spirit shoes are often comfortable but it depends on your foot's features. Mine is very narrow and hard to fit so my options are limited.

You didn't say what you were going to do exactly but I assumed you'll need to look a lot nicer than I do since I wear a lab coat over clothes and when I don't I'm sure to ruin something with a chemical splash.

KathyAire 07-16-2010 04:06 PM

What about z-coils?

clem55 07-16-2010 04:38 PM

Skechers work for me , sciatic nerve and neuropahty. They even have some , somewhAt dressy shoes. Easy Spirit are good, just find the right one for youir feet. All can be ordered online, free shipping with Skechers.

brushandthimble 07-16-2010 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by quiltilicious
crocks are ugly and cheap (under 20 dollars), but I can stand and walk in them all day long (that's got to by why chef Maria Viatale wears them on "Iron Chef")

These work for me too. I have one in bright green, boy do they stand out, so I now wear them mostly at home. Have a dark color that blends sort of khaki green, were them out when doing alot of walking.

brushandthimble 07-16-2010 04:49 PM

crocs probably don't help you for work,

there are a few brands, sorry can't remember names, but the inner appears to padded, they are more comfortable, and no heal over1 inch for me. I find wedges work better than heals.

sewgray 07-16-2010 04:49 PM

When I worked and was on my feet all day, I wore SAS shoes, they look better than sneakers and most other oxfords and they feel wonderful. If you need to go a little dressier you can't beat Old Maine Trotters.

hobo2000 07-16-2010 04:54 PM

I agree with Clarks, Clarks, Clarks. The clogs. The heel is lower than the ball and after wearing they form to your fott. I was going to the chir. 2 times a week just to walk upright. I have had no problems for over 10 years. My son, a Phys. assistant wears Sanitas. He says most Dr
s wear them he gets them on ebay. They are a lot like Clarks

wvdek 07-16-2010 05:33 PM

Personally I wear Clarks most of the time when not barefoot. I even wore them at the animal shelter which was all concrete.

My DSis is a third grade teacher and loves to wear the ECCO(?) brand of sandals for the majority of the school year. She is a size 10 1/2 - 11 narrow. They are pricey, but well worth it.

My son used to be a waiter in a 3-story restaurant and swore by his Red Wings.