Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Silly Misconceptions: (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/silly-misconceptions-t50345.html)

stitchinwitch 06-20-2010 05:13 AM

I had always thought that everyone always wanted to do their best, lived by the Golden Rule, and all strangers are friends that we never met yet.......

Butterfli19 06-20-2010 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I'm still wondering who's looking through that little red/black "eye" to know when you stand up so that they know when to push the flusher. LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My mother used to tell us those white specks on your fingernails represented the lies you told. When she suspected us of lying she asked us to hold out our hands.

My heritage is from Italy and I asked my father when we could go visit and he said when they built a bridge. My elem school teacher once asked where in the world we would love to go and I told her we were going to Italy when they built a bridge. She laughed and laughed and when I got home I repeated that story to my father who laughed as well. It wasn't until years later I realized what I had said. :oops:

hospicenurse 06-20-2010 06:01 AM

my kids were honestly upset at me because I took them to a 5&10cent store. They came out and said"mom, nothing in there was 5 or 10 cents.dahh"....

bob1414 06-20-2010 07:28 AM

When I was little I deposited my coin collection into the bank thinking it was "safe" there. Of course my collection was gone! (The owner of the bank was a coin collector - I bet he was happy - I had OLD coins in very, very good condition)

I also thought that if someone said "I'll call you for lunch" or something like that, that people actually mean it. I mean it but I've found others don't.

RedGarnet222 06-20-2010 08:04 AM

Oh my gosh some of these are so FuNnY! Loved reading them...LOL!
My hubby thought that if you went backwards on a sewing machine it would take the stitches out.

Boston1954 06-20-2010 08:22 AM

When I was 8, and it was a winter day, I thought if everybody on the planet came outside and exhaled, that it would warm up.

RugosaB 06-20-2010 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
A couple of misconceptions I used to have:

That celery and rhubarb were related because we ate only the stalks and the stalks are stringy.

That when we deposited money in a bank, we would get the very same money back.

Do any of you have any?

Let's see, of the 3, celery, rhubarb, and money in the bank, I can answer Yes.
I do have celery

flikkem 06-20-2010 08:31 AM

Why do we say plan ahead instead of just plan?
We don't plan behind.

bstanbro 06-20-2010 10:21 AM

When cows laugh too hard does milk come out of their noses?

starlight 06-20-2010 10:45 AM

My DD came crying to me when younger because someone told her that she looked like me. Told her that she did, she got very upset telling me that she didn't look like me because she didn't have "gray" hair.