Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Smoking allowed in restaurants in your state? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/smoking-allowed-restaurants-your-state-t104082.html)

Juliebelle 03-01-2011 01:58 PM

Banned in North Carolina

My Baby James 03-01-2011 02:06 PM

I enjoy the smoke free atmosphere while I'm out in public but at the same time I greatly dislike the government interference in private business.

cctx. 03-01-2011 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by lyndad
It depends on what city in Texas, it's not completely banned.

It's banned here, and I'm from Texas.

0tis 03-01-2011 03:13 PM

I am in California - no smoking indoors anywhere - outdoors - alot of rules about how far away you have to be from the door. I used to smoke but quit about 12-15yrs ago and now I hate the smell - but I do not condemn smokers because it is difficult to give up.

MCH 03-01-2011 03:19 PM

The "nanny state" of California, or at least those who know better (read: smarter and care more) the SF Bay Area, is putting forth the possibility that one can't smoke in their apartment as there is a common ventilation system through which the smoke and smell travel.
If they do that, then they darn well better ban the cooking of horrid-smelling and nauseating foods in those same apartments! There is some really foul stuff in those pots! Smells like something someone scraped off a San Francisco sidewalk and "sauteed" in olive oil. (Apologies to the olives)
There are also those who are trying to get smoking banned in your personal car if children are in it.
Oh, and this is the same Alice in Wonderland that has legaized "medicinal" marijuana.
BTW, I'm not a smoker nor have I ever been. I'm just fed up with the "nanny state" mentality that is pervasive today.

"________ should be outlawed!" Well, there are 10 laws engraved on the Supreme Court Building in Washington, D.C. We all know how effective those laws have been. The author had the right idea, but those who read them have always wanted "qualifiers" or "exemptions".

dixiebelle162002 03-01-2011 03:24 PM

Smoking is not allowed in TN and I'm so thankful. Now you can actually enjoy the smell and taste of your food!

Qbee 03-01-2011 04:28 PM

Same here in KY. You have to remember though that in KY, tobacco is the main crop for MANY farmers so it is a difficult situation. I don't know what they will do. I wonder if there is some resource for the farmers to transition their farms from tobacco to another crop??

Originally Posted by lyndad
It depends on what city in Texas, it's not completely banned.

veronajules 03-01-2011 05:02 PM

No smoking in Maine in all public buildings. It has been this way for years.

azdesertrat 03-01-2011 05:33 PM

banned here in Az also

craftmama 03-01-2011 05:39 PM

No smoking here.