Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   SNAKE!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/snake-t116121.html)

Debra Mc 04-15-2011 12:40 PM

I hate snakes in size, shape or form. They are the only thing I am scared of besides sharks.

Leota 04-15-2011 02:24 PM

I think this is the young snake I saw last fall before hibernation... He got out of the storm shelter using the board I put in for a ramp...
I usually clean out the shelter of the spiders that accumulate during fall and winter... we have a lot of Brown Recluse (Fiddleback) and they are sneakier than the snakes. The spider bites do more harm than the snakes.
I will allow the black snake to live because I don't like mice/rats in my stash.

aronel 04-15-2011 03:10 PM

Yep!! I'll take the tornado to a snake any day. Hate snakes of all kinds, don't care if it is poisonous or not, I'll die of a heart attack anyway, if one gets to close.

Kappy 04-15-2011 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic

Originally Posted by Kappy
That's why I'm glad I live where I live...no poisonous ones!

Are you sure? Timber rattlesnakes are known to be in Minnesota and some think they range as far as Canada.

Snakes don't bother me in the least if I know they are non-venomous. I can handle them and pick them up no problem. Spiders on the other hand....

Been around for over 60 years and haven't seen or heard of a rattlesnakes being around here. Do know they use to have them in North Dakota, my Dad always said that's why they have long handles on a pitch fork, so that when they tossed the wheat bundles onto the rack the snakes wouldn't be able to strike that far. Not sure if that's true or not but it makes sense. Nope don't like spiders or snakes!

BettyJean 04-15-2011 05:40 PM

I would rather have a snake than a spider! Creepy!!

p38flygirl 04-15-2011 06:17 PM

Last summer we killed a 3 foot copperhead..Our yellow lab had already injured him..so my husband put him out of his misery...My dog got some venom in her eyes and it made her sick and she couldn't open her eyes for awhile...But she survived...and so did I...I am so scared of snakes...I usually don't wait around to see if they are poisonous....

jpthequilter 04-15-2011 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Priss
I have heard if you put a hemp rope around anything a snake will not cross it. Maybe one where they come in will work. I have used moth balls around basement windows. The work.

Moth balls probably would help/ Snakes smell with their tongues.
Hemp rope, would be like grass to them, probably would not even notice it...in any case the snake could smell it and it might not like the smell of new rope.

Paisleyc 04-15-2011 11:49 PM

EUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

nellebelles 04-16-2011 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
UPDATE on Snake...
I put a 12 ft. 2x4 down and sneaky snake scrambled out as soon as he realized I wasn't gonna whack him on the head...
Bottom line.... snake is gone :D

Yay! I was feeling bad for you having to deal with that snake. I'm not particularly fond of snakes either!

Annaquilts 04-16-2011 12:11 AM

Ugh I can't blame you. Maybe get some young teen guys that are into snakes to get it out and take it home. I hope the snake uses the ramp and soon. Blehhhhh! I am starting to feel ill just thinking about it.