Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   So disappointed with Dr Phil (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-disappointed-dr-phil-t245334.html)

Yooper32 04-18-2014 04:01 AM

I love the "Dog and Pony " show at the end as she prances alongside. I also get a large laugh when he utters the "magic words", in a sepulchral voice, "I want to help you". I call him Dr. Pill. So, in other word, I use portions of this show on rare occasion for as laugh or two.

DebraK 04-18-2014 04:57 AM

same here. Never cared for the blow-hard.

2manyhobbies 04-18-2014 05:19 AM

Can't stand the guy, sorry.

coopah 04-18-2014 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Eva Knight (Post 6680329)
He has gone Hollywood. So has Dr. Oz and The Drs. I always enjoyed them all when they were informative. Now I don't bother.

I'm with you. Give me a PBS informative program anytime over these.

Ellageo 04-18-2014 05:42 AM

It's hard to even see much of a show, there's more commercials than show..just for fun..time it! I don't watch him for years for that reason..I hate commercials! But also, he seems to make one out of people, rather than actually help them.

ljptexas 04-18-2014 05:49 AM

I too used to watch him. But haven't for a very long time 'cause his guests/situations are sooooo depressing! Why sit & watch & listen to people with such crazy problems?!!! We need to hear about good stories….,.
I like Dr Oz, altho he does talk sooo fast.. but he does have some very interesting & helpful hints.. Usually watch Queen Latisia & Katie.

fayeberry 04-18-2014 06:10 AM

Exploits clients, unethical.

tessagin 04-18-2014 06:10 AM

I just can't get over the people through all these years who have aired their dirty laundry. The show itself has become one big infomercial. I usually only have the tv on for background noise. My fur babies like to watch animal planet. I do like to watch the Drs. if it isn't a repeat then I may watch. When they start the Robin informercial, I switch to something else. Like I said it's mostly background noise.

trolleystation 04-18-2014 06:22 AM

Seems lately the show is all about the same kind of problems. Infidelity, abuse, etc. I used to enjoy the show when they would go in depth with a family and it's problems. Also I would like to see a follow up after the guests have completed their counseling (anger management, etc). If I want to watch the theatrics and grief, I can watch Jerry Springer.

callen 04-18-2014 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6680268)
I don't watch it because I never liked using people with real problems for profit.

I totally agree with Tartan on this one. I haven't watched it in quite some time as I found it started to become like the Jerry Springer show (without the fist fights, at least so far). I think if he truly wants to help people than he should stick with a private practise & not put these poor people (even though they agree to it) on display for the world to watch their pain. IMHO