Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: So disappointed with Dr Phil

Blog Entries

So disappointed with Dr Phil

I used to love the Dr Phil show, but lately it has become the family shop at home show. He is promoting the family businesses to much, first of course it's his books (which I don't have a problem with) then his sons publishing house, now it's his wife's skin care line, now her lip gloss line, and yesterday his son's credit card company. If I want this, I watch QVC. Lets get back to basics Dr Phil. Does this bother anyone else ?

I stopped watching him many, many years ago. But yes, that would bother me!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Power Poster
    I don't watch it because I never liked using people with real problems for profit.

Blog Entries
    I just started watching him. He is promoting a lot, including his Dr. on Call thingy. They sent me stuff to be on his show. I didn't want to go. You never know who he's going to turn on. I like the nasty MIL stories. ( I think her name was Galoop or something like that.) Me and my MIL hang out together, so we don't have those problems,
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

He has lost all credibility with me. Its all about the $$$ now.

I havn't watched his show in years. Too many sad things happen without listening to other peoples crazy problems.

I have only watched him a few times. A long time ago. I think he is a phony and only for the money.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

He has gone Hollywood. So has Dr. Oz and The Drs. I always enjoyed them all when they were informative. Now I don't bother.

Too Jerry Springer, IMHO. I gave up on him years ago. Who lives like that?? Nasty ....

Yes, too much family boasting. Robin has had soooo. much plastic surgery it is hilarious!

sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

And dr phil doesn't even have a license. Some trouble with the licensing board and he blew them off instead of addressing issues. Easy to find on google. Hard to know what the truth is with show "guests" since they are going for drama.

I stopped watching a long time ago when he was working with that family all season, the one with the pregnant teen. It seems so invasive to watch a family basically coming apart. It seems like all there is on TV anymore are people who've boarded a crazy train. It's not entertainment for me.

And it sounds like Dr Phil and Dr Oz are both into the promoting these days
    Lori

Blog Entries
    Yep, I noticed that. Son and now wife too. Oh well, flip channels often and don't watch him daily anyway.

I usually don't watch any of those shows, but the other day I was busy and just didn't get around to change the channel, and had the same thought! Talk about self promotion! $$$$$$$ is the name of his game!

I agree with your comments. At one time I was a die hard fan and would never ever have missed a show. The show was taped every day just in case something happened that I didn't make it home in time to watch it. However, I stopped watching it when he became the pitch man for all the family businesses and those businesses seemed to become more important than the content of his show.

Why do you think Robbin goes to work with him for every tapping and why do they make such a big deal of leaving the show together?
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Blog Entries
    I use to enjoy taking a break with a cup of tea and watching Dr. Phil. I started losing interest when his show became a Jerry Springer spin off but now with all the family promotion-his wife's new skin line- I turned him off.
    Was wondering if others felt the same. I see you do. It's sad they have to do this.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

shows like this and reality shows are the reason that I downgraded my cable service to just internet and basic local channels I was tired of paying big bill every month to watch nothing on tv I have Sirius radio that I have on most of the day,I never did like dr phil or dr oz even when oprah was promoting them, now I see one of the drs is promoting a skin care line I don't watch the drs anymore either I like to watch judge judy sometimes

As my husband quips..."buy my books and tapes!". Makes me giggle every time!

sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

I used to really like to watch him, but now he's turned me off. I don't understand why he has to use off colored words. This is how children learn bad words.. They hear them on tv. Also I'm tired of Robyn's make up and lip gloss and her thing for domestic abuse. Who really believes that she "discovered" some sort of product?
    sandysews

A merry heart doth good like a medicine.

Wisdom is too high for a fool.

Blog Entries
    I have never watched any of those shows. Just a bunch of hype & it is all about money.

I was reading some of these comments to my husband, especially the one about them walking out together. He said it sounded like "Jim and Tammy Faye" all over again.

I love the "Dog and Pony " show at the end as she prances alongside. I also get a large laugh when he utters the "magic words", in a sepulchral voice, "I want to help you". I call him Dr. Pill. So, in other word, I use portions of this show on rare occasion for as laugh or two.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

same here. Never cared for the blow-hard.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Can't stand the guy, sorry.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva Knight View Post
    He has gone Hollywood. So has Dr. Oz and The Drs. I always enjoyed them all when they were informative. Now I don't bother.
    I'm with you. Give me a PBS informative program anytime over these.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

It's hard to even see much of a show, there's more commercials than show..just for fun..time it! I don't watch him for years for that reason..I hate commercials! But also, he seems to make one out of people, rather than actually help them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast