Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   So how cold is where you live?????????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-how-cold-where-you-live-t90438.html)

Ileen 01-15-2011 08:55 PM

I Live in San Gabriel, California it was 82 today I Can't Stand the Cold That's Why I Left Detroit, Mich in 1964 never went Back. and I was Born There Mysisters & Bro still live there and Also in Canada B C .

littleone 01-15-2011 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by gaby4v
We have 28F at 11:30 a.m. Sunday morning. We got 36 inches of snow since last week and I am loving it!!!

Wow, 36" that is a lot!! and no we would not like it.

We got a big dump last weekend, 36cm then this week we are in a deep freeze -25 C with wind chill it's like -35C. And starting this morning it has been snowing all day and expecting it to continue until Monday evening. The snow plows have finally got around to doing the residential streets so a bit easier to drive in the neighbourhood. However the windrows are so high you can't see over them and they take up a whole lane that where we have a four lane road it is now a two lane road. Hope the city begins to remove the plowed snow soon. Tuesday it's suppose to be up to -8C WooHoo!!. Looking forward to the new week. Stay warm everyone.

Jim's Gem 01-15-2011 09:52 PM

It was a gorgeous 84 out today. Got a little too warm here in the house.

We have the Santa Ana's blowing so it is very dry.

akgranny 01-15-2011 10:06 PM

blowing cold here in beautiful downtown seward, alaska. 5 above, with no snow on the ground, only a thin layer of ice. BUT, we've had a good long stretch of gorgeous sunny days!

bonniebusybee 01-15-2011 10:19 PM

We have 28F at 11:30 a.m. Sunday morning. We got 36 inches of snow since last week and I am loving it!!!

Hi, Gaby! I lived in Japan in 1956-57, and remember reading about a village in northern Honshu (it may have been Hokkaido) where they made tunnels throughout the village in the wintertime so they could move about. 3 feet of snow in one week? Sounds like you live there!

gaby4v 01-15-2011 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by bonniebusybee

Hi, Gaby! I lived in Japan in 1956-57, and remember reading about a village in northern Honshu (it may have been Hokkaido) where they made tunnels throughout the village in the wintertime so they could move about. 3 feet of snow in one week? Sounds like you live there!

Yes, we are living in Misawa, which is on the northern part on Honshu, for about two more years. I absolutely love the snow, the more the better!!!

Annz 01-15-2011 10:47 PM

not as cold as Canada.

Joanne 01-16-2011 06:16 AM

Update, Sun AM, it was 29 when I got up today!! A warm up!

Crabby Patty 01-16-2011 10:17 AM

It is currently 17 degrees here in NE Missouri. Too darn cold for this old woman. Everybody repeat after me: Think Spring, Think Spring, Think Spring...

bakermom 01-16-2011 02:15 PM

The high today was 16. Even the dog looks at me like I'm crazy when i try to get her to go out..unless i'm willing to throw snowballs for her.
Umm, no. snow won't pack and mom gets too cold!