Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   So I think I want a kindle. What is your experience thoughts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-i-think-i-want-kindle-what-your-experience-thoughts-t98738.html)

BettyGee 02-12-2011 01:16 PM

I love books, have as many as a small library. I also have a Kindle and love it! The two can live together in the same house.

Kaye-Kaye 02-12-2011 01:28 PM

Very interesting conversation. Thank you everyone for sharing your comments. I am contemplating getting either a Nook or a Kindle soon and it is good to get so much feedback. They both sound great. It will be hard to decide.

Aunt Bea 02-12-2011 02:36 PM

I'm very happy with my Nook and it is one that I can download books from my local library. You cannot do this with a Kindle so you may want to check on that. My first ereader was like a tablet so the battery didn't last long and wasn't compatible with the library.

pdunn56 02-12-2011 02:39 PM

Enlarging the font is the main reason I bought my Kindle a few years ago. I love it , but am in quilting mode so not reading too much these days!

BellaBoo 02-12-2011 02:51 PM

I imagine that the Kindle will come out with color soon and more upgrades but then it will be an IPad. LOL. The Nook is nice but has a glare and the type isn't as clear to me. If you can, compare the two side by side before deciding.

irma's passion 02-12-2011 03:10 PM

From borders I purchased their e-reader and had trouble.changed it for a cruz e-reader had problems with it
also, returned an got a refund. Went to barnes an noble,got a nook and I'm happy. The others were so difficult download and hard to operate. I love the nook. I also found a great auther, Kristen Hannan, on the third book. Today I tried a magazine, don't like that so much. They have audio books for children, grandkids loved that too! Hope this helped, an have a happy birthday.

irma's passion 02-12-2011 03:12 PM

From borders I purchased their e-reader and had trouble.changed it for a cruz e-reader had problems with it
also, returned an got a refund. Went to barnes an noble,got a nook and I'm happy. The others were so difficult download and hard to operate. I love the nook. I also found a great auther, Kristen Hannan, on the third book. Today I tried a magazine, don't like that so much. They have audio books for children, grandkids loved that too! Hope this helped, an have a happy birthday.

SandyMac 02-12-2011 04:41 PM

I got my kindle for christmas and I love it.

TexasSunshine 02-12-2011 04:47 PM

I got a Sony for Christmas, it takes getting used to but like it. There are libraries when you "check out" books for free. We use the Arlington, Tx library and can reserve books and check out for 1, 2 or 3 weeks.

skothing 02-12-2011 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
Really? You all love it? Am I old or what.... I'm having a hard time with the idea of bonding with a computer screen - I just love the smell and feel of a bound book.... :roll: Maybe I am old.

Ditto We collect books and it doesn't appeal to either of us.