Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   So I think I want a kindle. What is your experience thoughts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-i-think-i-want-kindle-what-your-experience-thoughts-t98738.html)

GladGrams 02-14-2011 05:03 AM

I have a NOOK from B&N and kind of wish I had gone for a Kindle... My hubby has a Sony.

tntgranny 02-14-2011 08:33 AM

I love my nook. I still buy some books, but most of my purchases are e-books. Love the idea that I can have hundreds of books at my fingertips. Also, I bought a book light for it - I can read my book while my husband is driving and not bother his vision with the overhead light on.

QuiltingGramma 02-14-2011 10:31 AM

I got a Kindle from my husband for my birthday last November, and my son gave me the cover for it that has a light (which is really helpful since I tend to wake up in the middle of the night and read if I can't go back to sleep). I've read a lot more since getting the Kindle, and I love it! I've downloaded a lot of free books, plus bought a few. I highly recommend it!

iltoaz 02-15-2011 07:07 AM

I agree with hobo2000 - I did my research and I went with the Nook. I can download from the library. I use mine all the time.

Susie42quilter 02-15-2011 08:19 AM

LOVE mine if you travel it is so much more convenient to take a Kindle with many books inside than it is to take many books or
buy books along the way.

LOVE, LOVE MY KINDLE :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

greaterexp 02-15-2011 10:46 AM

I was actually disappointed when I got one for my birthday. I thought my DH knew me better; I dearly love old books and don't like gadgets. But I've been won over! I still like my old hold-in-your-hands real books, but I'm enjoying the "toy" books, too.

aliaslaceygreen 02-15-2011 11:04 AM

Yes, yes and YES!! The hardest part with my nook is when I have a book on hold at the library, yet someone else has it out currently, and I WANT to read it so badly, ---the hard part is talking myself out of clicking BUY on the nook and getting it!!!

I have a backlog of 300 books to be read on the nook, I don't NEED that book right NOW!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Rubyrednails2 02-16-2011 01:32 PM

I love my Kindle!! I have the 3G so can order from my chair without having to hook up to the computer. Lots of the books are free! I find most books are pretty inexpensive, maybe less than $5.00 and up to 11.00 or 12.00. I downloaded about 7 books in less than 5 minutes and spent about $35.00. (some were free) You can go to Amazon and check out books and see what they cost before you decide to get the Kindle. Think you will love it too.

nccatbird 02-16-2011 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
Really? You all love it? Am I old or what.... I'm having a hard time with the idea of bonding with a computer screen - I just love the smell and feel of a bound book.... :roll: Maybe I am old.

I love the feel and smell of books too. My two loves are books and material. I sell my used books unless it is really special. It is so comforting to be surrounded with books. I put books on hold at the library and they notify me when they are ready for pick up.
I don't think age has anything to do with it~~~

sewmom 02-16-2011 01:47 PM

I love my Kindle, but I love my paper and glue books too. I've been an avid reader since childhood and I'll never give up my books. We used to camp for 9 days and that's how many books I would take- a kindle then would've saved space.