Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   So, what's in YOUR bedside table?! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-whats-your-bedside-table-t21976.html)

QuiltyLisa 06-28-2009 03:31 PM

on top I have a lamp, alarm clock and a small box of tissues.
Top drawer is 3 boxes of Aluna (herbal night time sleepy med) the TV remote, and the AC remote.
On the bottom shelf is 5 paperbacks and a stack of quilty Mags.

I dont have anything really girly on the bedside table. I have a Antique Vanity for all the lotions and potions as my DH says.

mountain-moma 06-28-2009 04:40 PM

Have a lamp on top and alarm clock picture of my son and girlfriend,Hubby side a lamp a picture of grand-daughter no drawers

jbsstrawberry 06-28-2009 05:35 PM

Loretta, don't feel alone...I don't have night stands either. It's a matter of not enough room thing! LOL

Baren* don't feel bad sweetie...I have the same allergy LOL. (Make sure it's on your medical records...those gloves make for a nasty rash in uncomfortable spots too!! :shock: LOL)

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 06-28-2009 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
Loretta, don't feel alone...I don't have night stands either. It's a matter of not enough room thing! LOL

Baren* don't feel bad sweetie...I have the same allergy LOL. (Make sure it's on your medical records...those gloves make for a nasty rash in uncomfortable spots too!! :shock: LOL)

I've known about the allergy for a long time, I used to get bad reactions at the dentist, we weren't sure if it was maybe a reaction to the injections but it was the latex.
At work I have to have different gloves than the guys, and a different respirator mask made of nitrile or silicone.

butterflywing 06-28-2009 08:04 PM

mine is a sloppy mess. it's a smallish antique washstand, the kind with the towel rod on top.

on top :
lamp with shade that bumps into the rod, tassel hangs from center post from gradution cap from college,earrings, money from pocket, glasses, tissues,paper clips, chapstick

drawer #1 old glasses, toenail clippers, hand lotions, costume jewelry, my missing sunglasses (i just looked), shampoo samples, matches from when i smoked 15 years ago, nail file.

drawer #2 sock orphanage, wallets that my father used to sell (too ugly to sell them) matching cigarette lighter, wallet, and cigarette case from when i smoked 15 years ago.

drawer #3 greeting cards all types, stationary, photo album corners, scotch tape, small scissors.

Cupboard part extra blanket for my cat (gone now 12 and 4 years), pillow for reading, three books all started, 1 handkerchief and 1 scarf unworn, college yearbook.

wow! who'da guessed?

Jim's Gem 06-28-2009 08:36 PM

Hmmmmm I guess I can play along.
On the top I have a large box of tissue, a decorative box with my large number clock on it, a longaberger basket with silk roses and a bottle of sunscreen. There's a bottle of Victoria Secret lotion, or two, a back scratcher, 3 types of lip balm, lots of dust. I have a Women's Daily Bible, one quilt magazine, (that's cause I cleared about 10 off of there the other day) 7 Christian Fiction books and 2 loose book covers, a pretty note pad 3 pens and a pencil, the control for my electric mattress pad and a bottle of Bio-Freeze Pain reliever. In the drawer is some feminine lubricant, 2 bottles of flavered massage oil, a cassette tape of ?, a wooden heart my son made in woodshop in 7th grade, the hospital bracelets from when DD#3 was born (22 years ago) some perfume samplers and a bunch of birthday annev, Mothers Day & Christmas cards from DH. Oh and Blood Pressure monitor that I should occasionally use but don't.
In the cabinet part there are 6 bottles of Vicky secret lotion, body scrub, cleansing cream, body splash and a tube of Massage Gel in various scents. There's my old High School Bible, a shoebox with old cards and letters from DH and 6 empty book jackets.

pittsburgpam 06-29-2009 05:15 PM

Left side - top drawer
document stuff that came with: a webcam to setup, my Blackberry, a Night Hawk security camera. A card and music CD from a friend, music box, candle, cell phone charger, computer game CD, power plug set, comforter cover clips, pens and highlighters. Hitachi Magic Wand.

Left side - bottom drawer
power adapter, throat lozenges, candle, old digital camera, USB hub, USB cable, bookmark, box of checks.

Left side - top
5 books: Forbidden Archeology, Invasion of Privacy, The Loch, The Mummy Congress, The Seduction of an Unknown Lady. DVD - Dr. Doolittle, TV remote.

Right side - top drawer
Candle snuffer and rocks

Right side - bottom drawer
Candles, seashell, book: The Goddess Within

Right side - top
Alarm clock

Skeat 06-29-2009 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
I don't use a bedside table- isn't that strange? LOL!

Me either Loretta!:)It would be just another place to clean and declutter for me...so, I do the hiding method...a plastic container under my side of the bed..which is full of inspirational catalogs, mags (quilting-that is a given!)and color books. Then I always have something to read or reread...:)Skeat

k3n 06-30-2009 07:08 AM

Well I don't have a bedside table - wardrobe my side! But DH's side has a chest of drawers with our underwear in - one drawer each. Mine also has my Granny's bible. On top are a few paperbacks, lamp, clock and a papier mache box with my jewellery in that Joey made me at school, plus some clay models ditto and a pic of Lily in a frame that SHE made at school!

Mplsgirl 06-30-2009 07:24 AM

It's amazing we all have to have immediate access to our reading material! BTW Just wanted to pass on something I heard: Chocolate is God's way of apologizing for okra. teehee