Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Some things our significant other does that we appreciate :-) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/some-things-our-significant-other-does-we-appreciate-t224134.html)

jollyquilting 06-21-2013 04:33 PM

This is so inspiring, mine still treats me like a queen, after 55 years. I am pretty much housebound and he makes occasions for me to get out. He even goes in and brings me a shopping cart to the car so I can tool around and look at the people. He makes me laugh all the time and I love him bunches and bunches. I still feel like a bride.

kitsykeel 06-21-2013 06:09 PM

When I don't feel like fixing dinner, hubby will make himself a sandwich or a hotdog. Never complains. He is such a laid back, soft spoken person. A pleasure to live with.

tessagin 06-21-2013 06:13 PM

We are so lucky. He also remembers dates others might forget. 2 numbers that he plays in the lottery are our anniversary 8 and 16. I keep telling him he didn't have to play the lottery because we've already won a few times.

cricket_iscute 06-21-2013 06:42 PM

I am so glad you ladies have such wonderful husbands.

Mine took really good care of me all of May when I had a herniated disk. He brought me food, drink, and medicine, took me to the doctor and physical therapy, rubbed me when I hurt, took care of the house and dogs. He even watered the plants, a first.

butterflies5518 06-21-2013 06:45 PM

My favorite fabric enabler, grocery shopper, but the most wonderful thing in the whole world - he makes my laugh and smile every day! He is my 'sunshine'...

Pilgrim 06-21-2013 08:36 PM

For years my husband could do nothing. He has learned how to cook sometimes, takes out garbage, and helps me when I ask for some help. He doesn't do wash or housecleaning but doesn't gripe when it isn't perfect. He knows my quilting is my sanity.

Sandrea 06-21-2013 08:50 PM

When my DH retired, I was still working (in a Fabric Store) and he would, cook meals, do the laundry, go grocery shopping, wash floors, get the gas tank in the car filled for me, all this and still do the hubby type chores like mowing etc. He is still my best friend even going of 53 years in August. He still does all those things around the house. I think he might have more energy than me. ha ha

sassey 06-22-2013 02:58 AM

You ladies have made me miss my DH so much he was my best friend lover and just very special always treated me so nice. He has been departed for 6 years now and I miss him very much

LindaR 06-22-2013 05:09 AM

if I'm going to a class, always loads my car for me...loads my golf clubs always...takes the dog for a walk when I don't feel like it...I have a gripe list too but plus outweighs negative LOL

kateyb 06-22-2013 05:27 AM

He lets me be me. Has never tried to change who I am. 42 years and counting.