Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Some things you just have to laugh at....afterward you calm down. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/some-things-you-just-have-laugh-afterward-you-calm-down-t46453.html)

Mamagus 05-26-2010 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc

Originally Posted by Mamagus
OH you had quite the time! But I'd take the pineapple smell over what I have in my car. Last summer we went to the wharf and bought a dozen lobsters. Came home and after a quick detour to drop off two of said beasts at a friend's house during which we made a sharp right turn and the bucket of lobsters fell over. Brought in the bucket of 10 lobsters... but we could only find 9. No biggie right? The fellow at the wharf obviously counted wrong.
TWO LONG HOT weeks later, we hired a young fellow to clean our cars inside and out. He came and knocked on the door... "What do you want me to do with the dead lobster in the trunk?"

I have tried everything and still it smells like a BAD day at the beach!

Have you tried leaving it open in the sun. Maybe if you sprayed down with Freebreze or one of those odor neturalizer. That might help. Heloise always talks about using charcoal. If you put a pan of that in trunk it might absorb the odor. Just as bad as spilled milk in Texas in August. Smells like death.

Was open for two months... through rainstorms and sunshine... No difference.

Tried Febreeze and other similar brands... flowery dead lobster smell.

Took the carpet out of the trunk... no difference

Haven't tried charcoal... will look into that!

If you didn't know about the lobster you'd just assume I had not taken a bath for a month or so :shock: but when you know what it is sunny days are horrible in it! ;-)

Debra Mc 05-26-2010 01:13 PM

You might try asking somebody that does car detailing. They might could direct you on how to take care of it.

adrianlee 05-26-2010 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by carrieg

Originally Posted by katmom54
Some times life is just a mess!!

I love this statement! LOL

Glad you're able to laugh now. Once when my mom had no garbage service, I picked hers up & put the bag in my trunk. Forgot about it for 2-3 days. PEW! At least it was contained and not in the vents.

I got to share this story of my sister's. Sis raised a bunch of chickens for her freezer. When they got to be about 5 months old, she rented a chicken feather plucker; it took her couple days of killing, dressing and package the birds and into the freezer they went. She called our mother, she had about 50 birds in the freezer and she was ready for winter. Couple weeks later, she kept smelling something awful and she discovered that the freezer electric cord had been kicked out from the plug-in. All that raising the birds and processing had all gone to waste. Sis was just in total tears when she called our mother. Her hubby helped her make the haul to the town dump. Everyone in the family double checks the freezer and frig cords. Hard le$$on.

skjquiltnut 05-27-2010 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by angieh1964
hey pam it doesnt have to have testicles to forget those things my SIL lives with us and she is just as bad as the men in this house. after 25 years of being the only woman in a house of boys (men?) when she moved in i thought at least i wont have to pick up after her boy was i wrong! crumbs on the toaster not putting things back mat on the floor shower curtain open newspaper not thrown away just stupid little things but it drives me nuts~ whew that feels better! lol

LOL you get my vote for sainthood... :D

Woodster 05-27-2010 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
I am so sorry you have been having my kind of days. Sometimes it isn't even worth trying to chew through the restraints. LOL

That is TOOO funny! May I use that one?

craftybear 05-27-2010 02:06 PM

you just don't have any luck at all, so did you finally tell your hubby that you were the one that made the mess

QuiltingGrannie 05-27-2010 02:08 PM

Way back when I was first married we had the step kids living with us for a time. Other situations were going on and I was not a happy camper. I decided to cheer myself up and make a cake. It was a strawberry cake of some sort (like I said - way back when). I had just cleaned the entire kitchen before I started to make the cake. After I backed the cake I could not get it to come out of the pan. I got so angry with it I just took the whole pan - cake and all and threw it towards the kitchen counter and sink. Cake went everywhere! I THEN decided that I needed to keep the cake and use it somehow. So I took marshmallow stuff blended it in with the crumbs, added other stuff (don't remember what all I put into it). Patted it all back into the pan and let if set.
----- Yes, I served it for desert that night to everyone that was there (just family memebers).
They all LOVED it.
A month later the kids and hubby asked me if I could make that cake again they really liked it! They never knew I had tossed it!

AmyM 05-27-2010 02:14 PM

Oh I feel so much better now! We recently moved from Michigan and my DH put up a lighted ceiling fan in the sewing room. What an awesome guy! The only hiccup was that the remote for it was...you guessed it...back in Mich. Had to have it mailed. It's always something! (Roseanne Roseannadanna)

Woodster 05-27-2010 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
And I just discovered two splotches on the ceiling - Yep, two gobs of mayo did the olympic high jump. I can see the dried stuff just oozing the oil, now how to clean it ?- after I drag out the step ladder.

I've heard that salt absorbs grease - make a paste and toss it up there with the mayo?

Deb watkins 12-10-2010 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Woodster

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
And I just discovered two splotches on the ceiling - Yep, two gobs of mayo did the olympic high jump. I can see the dried stuff just oozing the oil, now how to clean it ?- after I drag out the step ladder.

I've heard that salt absorbs grease - make a paste and toss it up there with the mayo?

The sheetrock in the ceiling is so old that it just abosrbed all of the oil. It won't scrub out. I will have to get some Kilz or some Benz to paint over ,then repaint the ceiling. I like the statement, not worth chewing through the restraints.