Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Something to cool you off! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/something-cool-you-off-t58739.html)

Pzazz 08-10-2010 12:25 PM

We are in the middle of a major downpour right now. A member was just in and commented that it could be worse...could be snowing!!!

The snow pix are so pretty, but I am not ready to be done with summer yet. :)

Patti

donnajean 08-10-2010 12:32 PM

We are in the middle of a drought here in Eastern PA. Last year we had 3 days in the 90's. This year we have already had 42 days above 90 - with almost no rain. It was 97 today with 85% humidity.

Originally Posted by Pzazz
We are in the middle of a major downpour right now. A member was just in and commented that it could be worse...could be snowing!!!

The snow pix are so pretty, but I am not ready to be done with summer yet. :)

Patti

charmpacksplus 08-10-2010 12:39 PM

Thanks..... I think. Can't say I would know what to do with that much snow here in south Louisiana. Last winter we did have record cold and two snowfalls within the same winter. That was a record too even though each snowfall was less than an inch. 8-)

LeeAnn 08-10-2010 02:16 PM

I'm dreaming.....aahhh, it looks so refreshing. Thanks for the wonderful photos.

cjomomma 08-10-2010 04:19 PM

I'm dreaming and wishing. I never complain about the cold or the snow. Iv learned to drive in the snow and ice so I say bring it on and lots of it. I got plenty of quilts and I can always throw a couple more together if needed.

HeatherQuilts 08-10-2010 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I'm dreaming and wishing. I never complain about the cold or the snow. Iv learned to drive in the snow and ice so I say bring it on and lots of it. I got plenty of quilts and I can always throw a couple more together if needed.

I feel the same way! I am not a big fan of summer! Especially August! Hot and humid is SO not my thing! :lol:
I honestly would take a cold January day over a hot August day anytime!

quiltinghere 08-10-2010 04:24 PM

Thank you - I will not complain of the heat anymore - today!
If I think I'll complain about it tomorrow - I'll think of these pictures. ROFL

cjomomma 08-10-2010 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by HeatherQuilts

Originally Posted by cjomomma

I feel the same way! I am not a big fan of summer! Especially August! Hot and humid is SO not my thing! :lol:
I honestly would take a cold January day over a hot August day anytime!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

miss_ticky2 08-10-2010 04:45 PM

Those snow scenes always look so nice..for someone who has never seen snow. It only snows in a small part of Australia..and that's not where I live..lol.

sewmuchmore 08-10-2010 06:27 PM

I love the snow when we get some it only stays for a few days. Then all gone :lol: