Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Sooo sad to see my daughter cry. Did we really rescue him??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sooo-sad-see-my-daughter-cry-did-we-really-rescue-him-t75886.html)

hazeljane 11-12-2010 07:03 AM

This year, so far, I have spent $4,320. on dogs that aren't mine. (Yes, we incorporated as an official rescue a few years ago.) That is for medicine and vet care. Doesn't include the $150. we spend a month on food.

I'm hoping it's some good karma for us. Every once in a while, someone like you brings us a dog- they have paid the freight, but are unable to place it by themselves. I think of each one as an angel for that particular dog. You may not change the world by saving one dog, but you have changed the world for that dog. And I believe it's a blessing that stays with you.

Good job!

brookemarie19 11-12-2010 07:16 AM

I think you did a great thing. I have saved a few animals before but wasnt able to keep them. Even brought a squirrel to the vet because he had been attacked by a stray cat. the cat was brought to the shelter so that hopefully he would find a home too and not have to work so hard to get fed.

RkayD 11-12-2010 07:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What a sweetie! I'm a softie too. Much to my husband's dismay. BUT we had a stray show up and there must have been something in her face that spoke to him because he decided she could stay. I'm pretty sure someone dumped her..but she is a sweetheart. Meet Gertie Louise.

GertieLouise
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124581[/ATTACH]

grann of 6 11-12-2010 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by RkayD
What a sweetie! I'm a softie too. Much to my husband's dismay. BUT we had a stray show up and there must have been something in her face that spoke to him because he decided she could stay. I'm pretty sure someone dumped her..but she is a sweetheart. Meet Gertie Louise.

Ohhhh! Gertie Louise is beautiful. Who could resist those eyes :?: :!:

Chasing Hawk 11-12-2010 07:38 AM

I would take him in a heartbeat if we lived 2000 miles closer.....LOL

What a charmer.

quiltnchik 11-12-2010 07:43 AM

Of course someone dumped him; he's a Pit or Pit-mix. I have two Pits here and they're both fantastic dogs. I say kudos to you for doing the right thing! :)

Candace 11-12-2010 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I would take him in a heartbeat if we lived 2000 miles closer.....LOL

What a charmer.

Me too. And yes, I'm allergic and I have 2 cats and a dog.

Baysidegal 11-12-2010 08:11 AM

Good for you! I am a sucker for stray anything! My DH is worse. I had to force him to not keep a barn owl we rescued and brought to a rehabilitaion center. They gave him back to us when healed to release and he would not fly away. So my Dh wanted to keep him outside But I convinced him that he needed mice and bugs, not steak to eat, so we gave him back to the center to release and they did finally after a few more weeks.

MrsM 11-12-2010 08:35 AM

I am a foster mom to rescue dogs. There are many organizations out there that find good homes for dogs. They check out that the family and the dog are a good match. Perhaps you can contact one? The dog will go to a loving home.

Sadiemae 11-12-2010 09:14 AM

I have a white cat that appeared at my home about 3 years ago to adopt me. He stayed in the back yard for two years and I very rarely say him. Then someone gave me my poodle Molly and the cat decided he was going to take over the front lawn. I guess the cat likes her. LOL I thought this was just a Momma alley cat. I just out she is a he, that has been neutered and this alley cat is a White siamese. I have never seen a siamese that was so sweet. Molly chases him and jumps on him to play and he never scratches her, you just never know.