Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sooo sad to see my daughter cry. Did we really rescue him??? >

Sooo sad to see my daughter cry. Did we really rescue him???

Sooo sad to see my daughter cry. Did we really rescue him???

Old 11-12-2010, 03:38 AM
Banned

Yesterday was a hard day. I had to watch my daughter cry all the way home. We had a stray in our yard AGAIN. But this time I couldn't not help. I have always had trouble with that but my husband has kept me in check. This time I caved. My husband is allergic and I know this but his face melted me. So...... I put him in my fence and called the vet. They got him in right away to see if he had anything wrong with him. He did have roundworms but was healthy otherwise. So we treated him and gave him all of his vaccinations and rabies shots. Also I got him a heartworm med and monthly flea med. Husband was extremely upset with me so I started to cry. I knew we couldn't keep him but I have a very pampered pooch and children, I wanted to know he was safe to be around them. I know it had more to do with my soft heart but I couldn't help it. He melted it. So needless to say my husband apologized for making me cry and has just been silent about all of it. BUT good news is I found him a foster home for temporary with a wonderful woman. Bad news is she can't keep him for good, so she says. But I am keeping my fingers crossed that she does keep him and then my daughter can see him sometimes (she is my aunt). I feel good that I helped a stray and made him so happy but I am extremely sad that he couldn't be part of our family when he so badly wanted to stay here and play with my kids and me. ugh. Heavy heart today, except I am going to go and see him and bring dog food, collar, tug toys and a rawhide bone. Yep, I am going to spend more money on a dog that isn't ours.....am I crazy? Am I the only one who can't be mean??

How can you not love that face??
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124547[/ATTACH]

Do I really have to stay still this long?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124548[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-124542.jpe   attachment-124543.jpe  
Old 11-12-2010, 03:48 AM

you did the right thing..thank you for helping him, and no, your not crazy! {hugs}
Old 11-12-2010, 03:53 AM

No, you are not crazy and he is adorable. He has melted my heart but then is the image of my departed Zebedee.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:54 AM

I know exactly how you feel.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:57 AM

thank you for being kind to this pup who needed. you being there for him puts him in a place where he will be able to find his forever home. I am a big fan of rescues, spcas and in general supporting those 4 legged friends who have no way to support themselves.you have a good heart, and the world cold use more of those.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:00 AM

What a sweetheart you both are!! It would just kill me if I didn't have my dogs. Empty nester. We just rescued a sheltie from the shelter that had 75 brought in from a man that had been killed. That doesn't sound right-but you know what I mean. My husband fell in love with him, he gets along great with my 3 poms. I will try and attach pic.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:04 AM

I firmly believe in rescues! You did the right thing if you can afford to pay for the care the doggy needed. I wish I could afford to rescue all the dogs & cats that need saving! YOU DONE GOOD!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:05 AM
Banned

yes, I love to see pics of peoples other babies.
Originally Posted by Nancy S.
What a sweetheart you both are!! It would just kill me if I didn't have my dogs. Empty nester. We just rescued a sheltie from the shelter that had 75 brought in from a man that had been killed. That doesn't sound right-but you know what I mean. My husband fell in love with him, he gets along great with my 3 poms. I will try and attach pic.
:D
Old 11-12-2010, 04:07 AM
Banned

We don't really have the extra money right now but I guess I will just need to work harder to make it back to pay my credit card bill. I try to keep it paid off but now I will have to work extra hard to do that. But I think it was worth it. We have been very blessed with our situation and I think sometimes you need to pay it forward.
Originally Posted by winter012
I firmly believe in rescues! You did the right thing if you can afford to pay for the care the doggy needed. I wish I could afford to rescue all the dogs & cats that need saving! YOU DONE GOOD!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by thequiltmama
yes, I love to see pics of peoples other babies.
Originally Posted by Nancy S.
I can't seem to get my pic out of my computer and put them where I want them. I will keep trying.

This is buddy he is 3 years old.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124549[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-124544.jpe