Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   South beach buddy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/south-beach-buddy-t136904.html)

tdgiffin 07-11-2011 03:54 PM

This quilter needs to lose some of her stuffing! Would anyone like to be a diet buddy with me? I could use a supportive friend.

Carrie Jo 07-11-2011 03:59 PM

where is noblesville IN? I live in southern mi,near south bend in. And I have lots of stuffing I would love to lose.

Carrie

craftmama 07-11-2011 04:22 PM

I'm double stuffed down here in Florida. Wish you lived closer.

fayzer 07-11-2011 05:32 PM

I have been losing weight for health reasons. Maybe we could support each other on here with tips and recipes.

Here is a tip for you. Get your salad dressing on the side. Dip the tines of your fork in the dressing and then spear your salad. The last thing your tongue will taste will be the dressing. It tastes like you poured salad dressing all over the salad without all the calories.

Cauliflower that even teens will eat.

Remove green parts, keeping the head whole.
Wrap the head completely with paper towels.
Stick the towel covered cauliflower under running water.
Place the head in a microwave proof bowl.
Microwave on high for 10 minutes.
Remove paper towel. Leave head in bowl.

Next, mix together 1/2 cup low fat mayo (I use olive oil mayo)
2 Tablespoons spicy mustard
1 teaspoon onion powder
spread mixture over the head of cauliflower.
Pat low fat cheese into the mixture covering the cauliflower. Use whatever cheese you like. Note: Weight Watchers cheese did not work well.

Put back in microwave until cheese melts. YUMMY! Even better
the next day.

Don't forget to exercise. Just walk! and not to the fridge!:)

brushandthimble 07-11-2011 05:59 PM

South Beach diet? support via web or PM? Count me in!
It worked for me once.

tdgiffin 07-11-2011 06:52 PM

I wonder what the easiest way to do this would be? Would we be able to do something on here? A team would be nice!

I just threw all sugar-related items and junk food in the outside trash bin. Wait until my kids find out!

tdgiffin 07-11-2011 06:54 PM

thank you. I have never tried Weight Watchers. I would rather not pay for a program because when I stuck to it, the South Beach was very healthy and I lost a lot of weight pretty quickly.

I have kept off the fifteen I lost for good, but fifteen more needs to go. I have developed heart issues, and I need to get in shape!

fayzer 07-11-2011 07:23 PM

[/quote]I need to get in shape![/quote]

Me too! I've lost 54 pounds and need to lose that
much more. I am half way there.

I go To The Sea To Breathe 07-11-2011 07:24 PM

I am another one that really needs to lose maybe 30 lbs. My knee is so bad, high bp and a few other things. I live in South Dakota. I can walk some mornings, but some days I can't . I need something. 30 lbs would really help me. Once I lost 25 lbs on Dr. Atkins diet. Then I had gall bladder problems and er surgery and then pancreitis so I lost another 25 lbs. then I thought well I won't gain weight again. Guess what? I put it on so fast... help

RkayD 07-11-2011 08:23 PM

Count me in! I'm a big South Beach fan! I was just talking to my teen girls today about our nasty sugar habit..