Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Spell corrective (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/spell-corrective-t273398.html)

DOTTYMO 12-17-2015 12:07 AM

Spell corrective

I hate this part of this site. It changes my words or puts letters or words into different combinations.GNP idea either. Is not what I put down. I said I couldn't help but..." On the reply to Facebook question. Why does my wording get altered? I know I'm dyslexic and English, double problem, but to use American spelling is one problem I can live with but not altering my sentence construction

QuiltnNan 12-17-2015 04:23 AM

that does not happen to me on this site... i'm using a PC... what device are you using? and by the way, what does your acronym GNP mean? i've seen you use it before, too.

NJ Quilter 12-17-2015 04:39 AM

I also do not have that problem on this site. Could well be the device you are using. I know on my tablet, before I changed some settings, I had that issue. Regardless of device, see if there are some default settings you can change to stop the auto-correct.

Tartan 12-17-2015 05:00 AM

I have "predictive" turned off on my iPad. It might be a setting on your device that needs to be shut off. Spell check sometimes gives me words I don't want but it is still helpful so I don't shut it off.

willferg 12-17-2015 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 7406182)
I have "predictive" turned off on my iPad. It might be a setting on your device that needs to be shut off. Spell check sometimes gives me words I don't want but it is still helpful so I don't shut it off.

Same here. While I find it annoying when my iPad changes things that were just what I intended, for the most part I enjoy how helpful it is the rest of the time.

tessagin 12-17-2015 07:17 AM

Same here. What is GNP? I use my PC most of the time when on any forum.

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 7406162)
that does not happen to me on this site... i'm using a PC... what device are you using? and by the way, what does your acronym GNP mean? i've seen you use it before, too.

Kitsie 12-17-2015 09:07 AM

The thing I dislike about auto corrections on my phone and tablet are that both have "learned" my misspelled words and now accept them!

cjsews 12-17-2015 06:13 PM

Some of my messages are rather interesting after auto correct gets hold of them. Once I was texting sis to inform her of dad's appt. with Doctor O. Changed to Doctor "a ho". 😊

judy363905 12-17-2015 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by cjsews (Post 7406726)
Some of my messages are rather interesting after auto correct gets hold of them. Once I was texting sis to inform her of dad's appt. with Doctor O. Changed to Doctor "a ho". 😊

Wow sure got a chuckle from this one CJ

Judy in Phx, AZ

DOTTYMO 12-18-2015 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 7406162)

I have no idea what GNP means . That is what I'm saying why does this site change my words to an acronym I don't understand.

i am using an iPad will check settings and see if I can change it there. Sorry if it is my iPad and not the site. It only happens here though to be honest don't use any other forums or sites like similar to this.

Thank you you to all who replied.