Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Spell corrective

Blog Entries

Spell corrective

I hate this part of this site. It changes my words or puts letters or words into different combinations.GNP idea either. Is not what I put down. I said I couldn't help but..." On the reply to Facebook question. Why does my wording get altered? I know I'm dyslexic and English, double problem, but to use American spelling is one problem I can live with but not altering my sentence construction
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    that does not happen to me on this site... i'm using a PC... what device are you using? and by the way, what does your acronym GNP mean? i've seen you use it before, too.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I also do not have that problem on this site. Could well be the device you are using. I know on my tablet, before I changed some settings, I had that issue. Regardless of device, see if there are some default settings you can change to stop the auto-correct.

Power Poster
    I have "predictive" turned off on my iPad. It might be a setting on your device that needs to be shut off. Spell check sometimes gives me words I don't want but it is still helpful so I don't shut it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I have "predictive" turned off on my iPad. It might be a setting on your device that needs to be shut off. Spell check sometimes gives me words I don't want but it is still helpful so I don't shut it off.
    Same here. While I find it annoying when my iPad changes things that were just what I intended, for the most part I enjoy how helpful it is the rest of the time.
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Same here. What is GNP? I use my PC most of the time when on any forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    that does not happen to me on this site... i'm using a PC... what device are you using? and by the way, what does your acronym GNP mean? i've seen you use it before, too.

Blog Entries
    The thing I dislike about auto corrections on my phone and tablet are that both have "learned" my misspelled words and now accept them!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Some of my messages are rather interesting after auto correct gets hold of them. Once I was texting sis to inform her of dad's appt. with Doctor O. Changed to Doctor "a ho". 😊

Quote Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
    Some of my messages are rather interesting after auto correct gets hold of them. Once I was texting sis to inform her of dad's appt. with Doctor O. Changed to Doctor "a ho". 😊
    Wow sure got a chuckle from this one CJ

Judy in Phx, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    I have no idea what GNP means . That is what I'm saying why does this site change my words to an acronym I don't understand.

i am using an iPad will check settings and see if I can change it there. Sorry if it is my iPad and not the site. It only happens here though to be honest don't use any other forums or sites like similar to this.

Thank you you to all who replied.

It's not this site, it's your computer or whatever device you're using. It can be turned off by going into settings on your device.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
    Same here. What is GNP? I use my PC most of the time when on any forum.
    I always thought GNP stood for Gross National Product - Must be something else gross, eh? Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

It must be your setting. When I bought my flip phone, I had to turn of that option because it was trying to anticipate what I was going to type. I spell check everything before I post it to make sure I didn't make a typo.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

GNP could mean Gross National Product.

Blog Entries
    LOL. That is cute
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
    I have no idea what GNP means . That is what I'm saying why does this site change my words to an acronym I don't understand.

i am using an iPad will check settings and see if I can change it there. Sorry if it is my iPad and not the site. It only happens here though to be honest don't use any other forums or sites like similar to this.

Thank you you to all who replied.
    i have an ipad also. it kept giving strange, albeit sometimes "interesting" names to my friends ..so ..went to settings a turned off anything "auto"
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

The most hated and loved feature for administrative assistants. I worked with a guy who's last name was Taht. Spell check changed it to "that". We ladies were always double checking behind each other because he would go into a absolute snit if he found his name spelled wrong.

Blog Entries
    Switched off auto correct and not having the problem. Not being a computer person, can use but don't understand background, I hadn't realised it was my iPad. I've updated the system as well so the combo of the 2 doing great work.
    thank you everyone who explained the set up and what I need to do.

Blog Entries
    i set up a payment for jcpenney and it came out as jcp autopsy. got a good chuckle
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.