Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Spooks in my sewing machine! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/spooks-my-sewing-machine-t102764.html)

marthe brault-hunt 02-26-2011 06:37 AM

Boo! You heard the sounds of the night. You're the only one awake, your mind is more alert to pick up the odd sound . I used to live in a house built in 1782 all visitors would ask me about ghosts, I do remember a few nights when my husband was working the night shift I had to control my imagination especially when it was below zero, you could hear the wind.

susanwilley 02-26-2011 07:09 AM

OH THAT IS SO FUNNY!! Gotta love them furry friends!

purplefiend 02-26-2011 08:42 AM

been there done that, the dog was using my foot pedal for a pillow. Scared me too. :shock: :lol:

Scrap Happy 02-26-2011 08:00 PM

That is too funny, thanks for the laugh :)

p38flygirl 02-26-2011 08:05 PM

love it...I had a good laugh..

p38flygirl 02-26-2011 08:12 PM

One night way back when my daughter was in high school, she and I were home alone..The boys were all grown and gone and hubby was out of town..We were watching tv, when I herd a noise at the door..We had earlier locked up for the nite..I literally saw the door knob turning..I immediately called 911 and someone came but whoever it was was no longer there...We didn't sleep well that nite even though we had special patrol the rest of the nite...Maybe someone could see that I was sporting a rather large gun...

pnptrapp 02-26-2011 08:17 PM

ROFL

I'd have to post it here, my husband would probably make me lock the machine up if I had told him the story, just to make sure.

Carron 02-26-2011 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by p38flygirl
One night way back when my daughter was in high school, she and I were home alone..The boys were all grown and gone and hubby was out of town..We were watching tv, when I herd a noise at the door..We had earlier locked up for the nite..I literally saw the door knob turning..I immediately called 911 and someone came but whoever it was was no longer there...We didn't sleep well that nite even though we had special patrol the rest of the nite...Maybe someone could see that I was sporting a rather large gun...

Now that is a "raised hair on the back of the neck" scare.

Did you have that sign posted that reads "This property guarded by owner of a shot gun three days a week, you guess which three!

Sure glad it turned out well for you and your daughter.

Kas 02-28-2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Carron

Originally Posted by Kas
I would have peed my pants! My mom has a regina (large, upright music box) that played by itself once. She was vacuuming and heard a strange sound. She turned off the vacuum and the regina was playing! You have to know that to get the thing to play, you have to select the metal music disc with the dial, crank the handle and then push a bar that releases the keys. There is no possible way for it to start by itself. She was alone in the house since I was at my boyfriend's, my older sister was at college, dad was on a business trip and little sister was somewhere. Don't remember that part. But I was seriously freaked out since it was up to me and the guy to check the whole house for strangers or spooks. Never did solve the mystery.

Maybe someone got it ready to play but change their mind and just left it, then when your mom was vacuuming the vibration jared the bar loose.
No matter what that must have been a frightful ordeal.

I guess you would have to see one to know what I mean. Not possible for it to flip by itself. Really freaky.