Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Spot the Quilts! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/spot-quilts-t187500.html)

BarbaraSue 04-29-2012 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts (Post 5180066)
I just watched Lonesome Dove on video, and saw a quilt that did not look "period". Looked rather new to me, but I couldn't really get a good look at it.

I have seen a 1930-s looking quilt in "Dances with WOlves".

Usually when I have noticed the quilts it is because they stood out against the decor that should have been.

I noticed also, yngldy. you'd think that even the director would care. He probably didn't know one quilt from the next.

klutzyquilter 04-29-2012 12:30 PM

Hubby spotted one last night on PBS "As Time Goes By" ... ran to get me to see it but of course I missed it. I was very impressed that he 1) noticed it and 2) was impressed by it :o

Latrinka 04-29-2012 01:25 PM

Yea I see em, but I can't always name the pattern!

ptquilts 04-29-2012 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by klutzyquilter (Post 5180366)
Hubby spotted one last night on PBS "As Time Goes By" ... ran to get me to see it but of course I missed it. I was very impressed that he 1) noticed it and 2) was impressed by it :o

I know what you mean, the couple has a Broken Dishes quilt on their bed and it is in a lot of episodes.

omaluvs2quilt 04-29-2012 02:32 PM

I've either noticed more since I've started quilting, or there are more. I've seen them on House Hunters quite frequently and told my husband he has to start keeping a look out on his shows too, since I've spotted a couple that he hasn't noticed!

burchquilts 04-29-2012 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchit123 (Post 5179900)
its not just the old shows/movies we have spotted them in.We spot them in commercials and the newer programs -Bones -NCIS and on the Disney channel and the Home fix it shows and recently when my GDs were here I spotted one on the Simpsons of all things.Also on a billboard for SPCA

How's this for an odd place to see if not an actual quilt, a quilt design. I remember when they used to interview Muammar Khaddafi in his tent, there was always a hanging of some sort that was a quilt pattern. It was done in green, red, yellow & white & was really pretty. Does anybody else remember this?

burchquilts 04-29-2012 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by klutzyquilter (Post 5180366)

And speaking of PBS, they have some nifty ones on "Antiques Road Show". I also remember (way back in the day), Pam Tillis did a music video & she was sitting on a bed with a beautiful blue & white quilt (I think it was a Churn Dash or Ohio Star or something traditional).

wendiq 04-30-2012 07:32 AM

I watch "Army Wives" and one of the homes always have a quilt on the wall and on a piece of the furniture.....it's the home of Roxie and Trevor.....always warms my heart to see them.......