Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Spring Cleaning (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/spring-cleaning-t41740.html)

quilter1 04-05-2010 05:25 AM

Just wondering who does a spring house cleanup? How far am I supposed to go- I want to do the closets and dressers, but I really don't want to tackle the basement too! We are getting new windows soon too. Guess that will cause a nice mess to clean as well. I'd rather be quilting!

Pam 04-05-2010 05:27 AM

My theory is that dust never goes away, it just moves around, so why chase it? If I sit at my sewing machine long enough, it will come close and I can suck it up with the vacuum.

grammyp 04-05-2010 05:30 AM

I do closets through out the year (1 per month). We pressure wash the house and windows after the pine trees quit turning everything yellow. My spring cleaning is moving everything and cleaning out the dust bunnies and washing baseboards, door/window frames, sealing the grout in the tile floors, and cleaning the wood floors well (we have oiled pine floors). I really gotta get in the sewing room and do some work there. Got lots of moving and sorting to do.

Maride 04-05-2010 05:50 AM

I clean a little all year round. No major spring cleaning for me. Also, I moved last July and will be moving again this July. I will clean then.

redkimba 04-05-2010 05:58 AM

Spring cleaning hit me early this year. My now ex moved out and left most of his "excrement". I've been packing it up & giving it to him. (I just don't want to hear any whining about how I threw his stuff out)

I've been vacuuming and dusting like a mad woman since January. Bought lots of new shelves; going through my library - now I have 4 boxes of books/dvd/tapes for Half-Price Books.

My step-aunt died so we went through her things. I've acquired several of her items so now I have to re-shuffle a little bit.

this is probably more of a reply than you were expecting, but it's been a busy year.

May in Jersey 04-05-2010 06:19 AM

Here I sit at the computer with my 2nd cup of coffee and thinking about beginning some Spring cleaning, but here I sit, LOL!

Seriously, I think I'll clean the inside of the downstairs windows this morning. When DH gets back maybe I can get him to turn on our outside water so I can spray the outside of the windows with that window cleaner that you attached to a hose.
May in Jersey

Candace 04-05-2010 06:20 AM

The major Spring Cleaning I always do is steam cleaning the carpets. On the sunnier, warmer days I tackle one or two rooms at a time throughout the house. I don't do 100% of the rooms, but the main traffic areas. My poor steam cleaner has gotten some use over the years! But, our light grey carpet is 11 years old and I'm determined to get some more years out of it!

imjustme 04-05-2010 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Pam
My theory is that dust never goes away, it just moves around, so why chase it? If I sit at my sewing machine long enough, it will come close and I can suck it up with the vacuum.

I love your answer lol

no1jan 04-05-2010 06:45 AM

I do 2 major cleanings during the year, one at Christmas and one in the spring. ALL Dishes, pots and pans, silverware, cupboards, windows, walls, and floors.

I do the normal stuff daily, such as wash clothes, sweep, dust, dishes, etc.

I do my ceiling lights and anything glass once a month along with figurines, etc.

The rest I do weekly. Ex Clean the bathroom one day, walls, sink, toilet, counters, tub, etc. Spot clean in between.

The next day I do the same to the kitchen.

Each day I do a different room.

My problem, is with all the dust and cat hair, it doesn't seem like I accomplish anything. I have too much s...!

During the summer, I am out by dawn doing my weeding, sweeping the patio and desk, etc. The rest of the time is mine, except meal times which seems never ending.

This year I'll be doing quite a bit of quilting. I hope!!!

raptureready 04-05-2010 07:05 AM

I'm not even going to get into this discussion. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: